Author Topic: [v1.7.0.10] Profile unload command delays mouse movement  (Read 2566 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[v1.7.0.10] Profile unload command delays mouse movement
« on: June 09, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »
When a command triggered by the "Execute a command each time this profile is unloaded" contains a pause or a loop, mouse movement is delayed.

I rebooted literally four times, because this is so bizarre, but it happens most of the time(only rarely does it not affect cursor movement).

When the command is executed by any other means, it runs fine(even with an infinite while loop), but the moment it's executed on profile unload, my mouse cursor starts lagging behind.

I remembered there's a tool to see if anything interfering with 1-to-1 mouse movement, and that clearly shows the issue:

(This tool is included with MarkC's mouse fix)

VoiceAttack's CPU usage is not unusually high during this time, according to task manager.

EDIT: Tested with v1.7.5.8, does not appear to occur anymore, marking as fixed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:32:17 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.7.0.10] Profile unload command delays mouse movement
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »
I've been testing mine with a five-second pause and I'm not noticing any mouse lag.  I'll see if there's anything else that can be done.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »
What is in your unload command?  I'm having a hard time trying to reproduce this, even with loops, pauses and loops with pauses.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »
The initial configuration was this:
Code: [Select]
Write '[Black] Action: "{CMDACTION}" Next: "{NEXTPROFILE}" AT1: "{NEXTPROFILE_AT1}"' to log
Pause 10 seconds

Then I switched to this:
Write '[Black] Action: "{CMDACTION}" Next: "{NEXTPROFILE}" AT1: "{NEXTPROFILE_AT1}"' to log
DISABLED - Pause 10 seconds
Start Loop While : [1] Equals [1]
End Loop
(The loop checks the value of a boolean variable against itself, with the "Evaluate 'Not Set' as false" option checked)

Now I switched to just
Pause 10 seconds
but the issue persists.

I will say, the effect was much more noticeable before, whereas now(I've done nothing but play a VR game for a few hours in between) I can only see the effect in the Mouse Movement Recorder rather than feeling the delay(I say feel; Before, my cursor was still spinning in circles at least a second after I stopped moving the mouse).

It could just be on my machine, some combination of hardware and software(either I'm the only one that gets these or the only one to fiddle with the bits that cause it), so perhaps this could just be considered noted in case someone else encounters it.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 08:27:07 AM »
I may have something for you on this soon.  Thanks for being patient ;)