Author Topic: Voice Attack changes resolution and screen switching  (Read 2839 times)

Uncivil11

Voice Attack changes resolution and screen switching
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »
Hello:

I have a few questions I looked to see if this was already addressed and was not able to see where anyone else was experiencing this.  I am a new VA user so this is all a bit confusing to me.  I am running VA 1.7 with Malics Version 3.0 profile.

1. I am running 2 25" monitors size by size in a 2560 x1440 resolution.  Monitor 2 on the left and monitor 1 on the right.  When I start voice attack it changes the resolution of monitor 2 down to 800 x 600 and I need to go into my display settings to change it.

2. When playing Elite Dangerous I prefer to play on the left monitor #2 and use the right monitor #1 for internet look up etc.  When hyperspace jumping it moves the game from monitor 2 to monitor 1. 

3.How do I get EDDI to talk to me again?

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this has been addressed previously and I simply missed it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice Attack changes resolution and screen switching
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »
1. I am running 2 25" monitors size by size in a 2560 x1440 resolution.  Monitor 2 on the left and monitor 1 on the right.  When I start voice attack it changes the resolution of monitor 2 down to 800 x 600 and I need to go into my display settings to change it.

VoiceAttack shouldn't touch your screen resolution(It doesn't actually have a facility for changing it, as far as I'm aware); Did you set the "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" compatibility option(Perhaps it's going to 800 x 600 because it's the lowest the monitor can display?)?

Right-click VoiceAttack.exe(or a shortcut to it), click "Properties", click the "Compatibility" tab, check the options there.

2. When playing Elite Dangerous I prefer to play on the left monitor #2 and use the right monitor #1 for internet look up etc.  When hyperspace jumping it moves the game from monitor 2 to monitor 1. 

For both this and the former question(if the compatibility option is not enabled), try holding Ctrl+Shift as VoiceAttack starts, then check the "Disable plugin support" and "Disable profile initialization commands (this session only)" options, click OK to proceed and see if the behavior still occurs(I'm assuming it does now even when not initiating the jump through VoiceAttack; You may not be able to use the profile without plugins/initialization, it's just to narrow down where the issue stems from).

Uncivil11

Re: Voice Attack changes resolution and screen switching
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
Pfeil.  You were spot on with the compatibility tab forcing resolution of 640 x 480.  I never knew that was even there to check .  That fixed that problem.  I will have more time this evening to see if I can look further into issue #2.  I just wanted to extend my appreciation for the response and it being successful so far.