Author Topic: [REQUEST] Dopamine Music Player interface  (Read 6302 times)

gbry

[REQUEST] Dopamine Music Player interface
« on: April 30, 2018, 10:37:22 AM »
The source files are here

https://github.com/Magentaize/Dopamine-ExternalControl-Support

However, I'm not knowledgeable enough to make it into a VA plugin. Please, anyone.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: [REQUEST] Dopamine Music Player interface
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »
What is it specifically that you want the plugin to do with the music player?

Just asking because clarification helps a load here....

gbry

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:16:21 AM »
What is it specifically that you want the plugin to do with the music player?

Just asking because clarification helps a load here....

Well, basically everything what the API provides. However, just play/pause, next, previous, control volume is enough.

Get music metadata if possible is also appreciated.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
If dopamine accepts global media keys as an input, you can just assign those as keypresses. ((Hint: Its what I use with my media control commands)).

Personally I use foobar2000 with a few components/extensions (calling specific playlists by name on top, but also DLNA output etc).

But getting the metadata (I am assuming so that you have VoiceAttack say stuff like "that was %track name% by %artist%" for when you ask "What song was that?"

((I also have this, because I have a component for Foobar that just outputs the current playing song to a text file... I also use this text file in OBS for when I stream it shows my current song playing.))

gbry

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 05:07:46 AM »
If dopamine accepts global media keys as an input, you can just assign those as keypresses. ((Hint: Its what I use with my media control commands)).

Personally I use foobar2000 with a few components/extensions (calling specific playlists by name on top, but also DLNA output etc).

But getting the metadata (I am assuming so that you have VoiceAttack say stuff like "that was %track name% by %artist%" for when you ask "What song was that?"

((I also have this, because I have a component for Foobar that just outputs the current playing song to a text file... I also use this text file in OBS for when I stream it shows my current song playing.))

Well okay that works, what's the component name?

But still,if anyone is able to make a plugin for the API it'd be really nice

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »
Now Playing Simple is the one I use, although I am sure that there are others out there.