Author Topic: Open MusicBee application inside game without being taken out of the game  (Read 5411 times)

falstaff

I got my MusicBee application to play a playlist perfectly. Unfortunately, even though I have it launching minimized, it is giving focus to MusicBee and taking me out of the game.
Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
This should work, in theory:
Code: [Select]
Run application 'notepad.exe' (hidden)
Pause 3 seconds
Display window 'notepad.exe' as [Show No Activate]
If it worked, it would start the application as invisible, and after 3 seconds(to account for the startup time), show the window again, without stealing focus.

Currently, this does not work, and I have filed a bug report.

EDIT: Sadly, it would appear there's simply no way to do this. I have the exact same issue(albeit with a different player).

What you can attempt is to switch back to the application after your player has started:

Either using
Run application 'musicplayer.exe' - wait until it starts
Display window 'mygame.exe' as [Show]

Or manually setting a delay
Run application 'musicplayer.exe'
Pause 1 second
Display window 'mygame.exe' as [Show]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:34:26 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
For your game profile, I would set the 'send commands to' your game and then create a Music Bee profile that has the, 'send commands to' as Music Bee and link it in.  That way your game commands continue to go to the game and the Music Bee commands go to Music Bee.

falstaff

Gary,
I followed your advice and created a Music Bee profile on its own and now I got it working except for controlling the volume up and down. I turned on the global hotkeys for volume and down and it works when I'm not in the game just fine. If I can fix that issue, the whole thing will be working.
I even moved the shortcuts to ctrl+J and ctrl+ h but I'm not sure if that is creating a conflict in MechWarrior Online.
It seems getting global keys is an art as well as a science. :(