Author Topic: Printing out using HTML  (Read 4019 times)

Bingo041

Printing out using HTML
« on: March 14, 2018, 08:00:52 PM »
Hi,

I've tried using Chrome and MS Edge to print out my profiles.

My issue is that I cannot get either of the above Browsers to print out the list of multi-part commands with their actions. It does the actions ok, but only a portion of the multi-part commands, separated by the colon get printed.

It used to work, but no longer does?

Bill Clark

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Printing out using HTML
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:46:52 PM »
The last change to the HTML export format happened in VoiceAttack v1.6.8, which(among other things) wraps elements in "<div style='max-height:1.2em;overflow:hidden'></div>".

I don't have a printer to test with, but you could try removing those tags and see if that helps with the formatting.

Bingo041

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 11:33:32 AM »
Pfeil,

Sorry I'm late in responding.

I was able to get the old Internet Explorer browser on my windows 7 machine to print out correctly, but not Chrome.

BTW - I have no idea on how to do what you suggested: "<div style='max-height:1.2em;overflow:hidden'></div>".

Bill Clark

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:05:19 PM »
You'd want to open the file in a text editor(like Notepad, not Word) and do a search and replace for "<div style='max-height:1.2em;overflow:hidden'>" and "</div>", replacing them with ""(blank).

Bingo041

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »
Pfeil,

Yes that works, but it adds one unnecessary step in my mind. When you are working with many files making changes frequently it slows you down.

What is the perceived benefit to this change as it worked perfectly prior to this change?

Bill Clark

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 11:53:59 PM »
An upcoming release will contain an option to expand multipart and dynamic commands into separate lines (multipart commands are separated by a semicolon, dynamic commands contain square brackets).  That will help with the readability problem you are experiencing.  The way it is now is that there is a limit on the row height to try to keep things tidy, as some were complaining about unnecessarily large row heights.  This of course is hiding your longer commands.

Bingo041

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 09:40:36 AM »
Thanks Gary,

I will see what these forth coming changes bring?

Bill Clark

Bingo041

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 12:48:25 PM »
Gary,

I just downloaded v 7.1 and I don't see the feature you mentioned above?

Bill Clark

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
When you export your profile and you choose to save as HTML, you will be presented with an option box that allows you to extract multipart and dynamic commands into their own lines.  The option is called, 'Extract Multipart and Dynamic Commands'. 

So, instead of having a line where it's cut off because it looks like this :

fire;fire weapons;fire the weapons;release the squirrels;squirrel power;maximum squirrels;fire the squirrels

The option puts the values on separate lines for readability:

fire
fire weapons
fire the weapons
release the squirrels
squirrel power
maximum squirrels
fire the squirrels

Edit - I did uncover an issue where if an execute command is referenced (and expanded) the HTML output will not save.  This has been fixed.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:24:15 PM by Gary »