Author Topic: Composite command help  (Read 2282 times)

jpjazzy

Composite command help
« on: May 07, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
I am trying to use PREFIX and SUFFIX composite commands. The command is very simple, but for some reason I cannot trigger it. All it should do is say what my name is. Here is what I have:

'

Is there any reason this shouldn't work?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Composite command help
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »
Do you have a prefix in the same group to go with it?

Prefix/suffix commands must always consist of two parts: The prefix, and the suffix.

E.G. you'd have "my name is" as a prefix, and "what", "who", and "chicka chicka slim shady" as suffixes, allowing you to combine the former with the latter, as in "my name is what", or "my name is who", and so on.

If you want to dictate your name instead(meaning having the speech engine make a best guess at what you're saying, not necessarily letter-by-letter), you need to use a normal command with wildcards(wildcards are not supported for prefix/suffix):

E.G. "my name is*"

This command can be executed by speaking "my name is", followed by a number of words.

E.G. "my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius" would be recognized.

You can then use the "{CMD_AFTER}" token to get whatever came after the wildcard:
Code: [Select]
Say, 'Your name is {CMD_AFTER}'Which given the above example would say "Your name is Maximus Decimus Meridius".

For more information on the use and limitations of wildcards, check page 18 and 19 of VoiceAttackHelp.pdf, which is included with your installation of VoiceAttack(If you press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus, it should open in your default PDF reader).

jpjazzy

Re: Composite command help
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »
Do you have a prefix in the same group to go with it?

Prefix/suffix commands must always consist of two parts: The prefix, and the suffix.

E.G. you'd have "my name is" as a prefix, and "what", "who", and "chicka chicka slim shady" as suffixes, allowing you to combine the former with the latter, as in "my name is what", or "my name is who", and so on.

LOL That is the best example. Thanks. I read a couple other of your posts about them always needing two parts but I didn't really get it. It makes more sense now.

If you want to dictate your name instead(meaning having the speech engine make a best guess at what you're saying, not necessarily letter-by-letter), you need to use a normal command with wildcards(wildcards are not supported for prefix/suffix):

E.G. "my name is*"

This command can be executed by speaking "my name is", followed by a number of words.

E.G. "my name is Maximus Decimus Meridius" would be recognized.

You can then use the "{CMD_AFTER}" token to get whatever came after the wildcard:
Code: [Select]
Say, 'Your name is {CMD_AFTER}'Which given the above example would say "Your name is Maximus Decimus Meridius".

For more information on the use and limitations of wildcards, check page 18 and 19 of VoiceAttackHelp.pdf, which is included with your installation of VoiceAttack(If you press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus, it should open in your default PDF reader).

This is more what I was looking for and thinking the prefix and suffix was going to achieve. Thanks for pointing that out.