Author Topic: Cannot click the mouse in Total War: Warhammer 2  (Read 9075 times)

eldaroth

Cannot click the mouse in Total War: Warhammer 2
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:12:33 AM »
I saw there was already a 1 year old discussion related to this issue, but it appears to be inactive as I could not add a reply to it.

After doing clean install of Windows on an SSD I was forced to repurchase a newer version Voice Attack (on Steam... because I no longer have my registration key from 3 years ago  :'( .. Unfortunately my problems didn't end there, as mouse clicks don't seem to work in Warhammer 2 using this new version of Voice Attack.

Is there a solution to this problem or maybe a fix pending???

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Cannot click the mouse in Total War: Warhammer 2
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 09:09:03 AM »
Sorry to hear about your reg key :(  Did you try the automated system?  For those reading along, you can always contact support if none of that works out.

What you will find is that mouse clicks that do not work in a game are usually due to the amount of time the mouse is clicked.  What you'll want to do is try to increase the amount of time between the mouse down and mouse up actions:

Hold left mouse button down
Pause 0.25 seconds
Release left mouse button

You'll also want to check out this thread: http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=53.0
Although it's talking about key presses, it's applicable to mouse clicks as well.

iceblast

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »
Here are 2 files that will Left or Right click, made using AutoHotKey. This is a work around for when VA can't be used to click on something that I've used in the past. Just tell VA to run the file for whichever you need.

Looks like Gary answered you while I was typing this. :) I'll leave this here anyway, just encase it might help you, or someone else.

Amicus

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:48:07 AM »
Thanks for compiling and attaching those Autokey commands iceblast.  Neat idea. Unfortunately, I just tested them out, and while your Autokey commands work outside of Warhammer 2, they do not work in the game.

I have tried numerous workarounds for this glitch, as per my post last year on this subject. (See link below)  Pausing between mouse down and mouse up has no effect (I have tried from as short as 0.025 to as long as 2 seconds).  Running in Administrator mode has no effect. 

The only successful work around I have found is to use version 1.5.8 (or earlier) of VoiceAttack.  Attached is the installer for version 1.5.8. 

Would love to be using current version of VoiceAttack, but being able to execute mouse clicks is a must for me.  :(

Link to prior post on subject:  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=906.msg4494#msg4494.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 02:52:11 AM by Amicus »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 03:59:27 PM »
The code for the actual clicking of the mouse hasn't changed in a very long time.  The only thing I can think of (other than trying to run as an administrator) is to try selecting (or unselecting if selected) the, 'Bypass Mouse Targeting' option on the Options > System/Advanced tab.  That was introduced in v1.5.9.

Amicus

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 08:28:27 PM »
I just gave the bypass option on/off a try, both in windowed and full screen mode.  Unfortunately, did not help.   

If the bypass is the only new mouse feature introduced in 1.5.9, I am wondering if there is some complicated relation to how that is implemented and how Warhammer handles mouse clicks.  :-\

Here's hoping that someday something changes in either Warhammer or VoiceAttack to bring them back to a happy marriage.  In the mean time, we will still have 1.5.8 together.  ;)