Author Topic: Just a little things...  (Read 2602 times)

iceblast

Just a little things...
« on: April 14, 2018, 04:15:09 PM »
When you go to edit a command, the window opens and it shows the Category Name Highlighted, that is, if you have something in the box.

Most of the time, when you see this, you can start typing, and the Highlighted words will be erased, but here, it's Hightlighted, and nothing happens, you have to click on the box before you can input, or copy data from the box.

Would it be possible, to make it the starting active box, since it is Hightlighted. My Muscle Memory sees that it's already Highlighted, and I try to Copy, or Enter new data, and I hear bing, bing, bing error.

I don't know if you have a good reason for it being this way, but if you don't, and it's not much trouble, could you change how this is? :)

EDIT by Pfeil: The initially active control is now the "When I say" field, and appears to be highlighted and interactive
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:45:30 AM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Just a little things...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »
Bah, hadn't noticed that one yet. It's a bug introduced with the interface change.

The highlight doesn't disappear even when clicking/focusing other controls.

The actual initial focus is on the "Key Press" button.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:31:46 PM »
A Windows 7 thing?  When I edit a command, the Key Press button is focused which is what is happening in code.

Are you on Win 7, ice?

(no... not the Win 7 virtual machine... noooooooooo)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 06:36:00 PM »
Are you on Win 7, ice?
I figured iceblast may have posted his specs at some point, and he did: While he started out with Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10, the latest reports Windows 7 again:
If it helps at all, here's my system specs.

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
Intel 3770k
32 gigs of ram
256 SSD HD

The real amazing thing is that he managed to run Windows 10 with 32 megabytes of ram!
I'm running:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel 3770K 3.9Ghz Quadcore
32megs of ram
SSD Hard drive.
:P

iceblast

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 07:55:48 PM »
Oops! meant gigs haha 32megs would be incredible! :)

Yeah, still using Win 7. It does everything I need doing, till they finally bring out a game that forces me back to 10.

VA works great in windows 7 though. :)

I've been playing with VA a great deal that last few weeks. Been having a good time! :)

If it's something to do with the OS, that's fine. I'll just work around it, it's not a big deal. :)