Author Topic: Refocusing Elite Dangerous after launching a foobar2000 playlist  (Read 4062 times)

Vorga

Really loving the program but I'm hung on on using foobar as my music player instead of VLC which a lot of the premium profiles use.
I have foobar2000 set as the associated program to launch when launching a playlist file. As far as I can tell, no matter how you launch foobar whether it be set to minimized or hidden it will always take window focus. I've given up on figuring that out so I'm trying to bandaid it by making my command refocus to Elite Dangerous after launching a playlist.
I thought I'd be able to do that by using [Other>Windows>Perform a window function] to minimize Foobar2000 because when you manually minimize a window by clicking on it whatever the last window that was focused before that becomes the new focus, but that didn't work. Then I tried to perform a window function to maximize/show Elite Dangerous after foobar2000 launches, but despite it bringing Elite Dangerous to the foreground I still need to click it in order for my flightstick to start registering in game.
My last resort is to use a click command to get focus back but that seems really janky, so if there's a better way to do this I'd appreciate some help. Thanks

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Refocusing Elite Dangerous after launching a foobar2000 playlist
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 05:07:07 AM »
<--- uses Foobar instead of VLC.

What I do though is I start foobar up before hand, and use the Playlist Command Line Tools plugin for Foobar.
Code: [Select]
Run application 'C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe' -with parameters '/playlist-activate:"Hutton Orbital Radio" /play /rand' (minimized)

Vorga

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 08:58:54 PM »
There any chance you could link the plugin? Searching for "playlist command line tool foobar" isn't bringing up a plugin, it's just giving me the foobar wiki page on command lines.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »
I don't use foobar myself, but some googling brought up this "foo_cmd_playlist" plugin, which add the "/playlist-activate" parameter.

Vorga

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 10:12:43 PM »
Alright I think I've got it all figured out. Just need to make some batch files to point VoiceAttack at for each playlist. Thanks guys.

However Gangrel I can't run parameters the way you do, what are you running the command line through? Going by what little I know I'm getting it to work by adding foobar2000 to PATH and using a bat file I
Code: [Select]
start foobar2000 /playlist-activate"Name" /play /randBut since that has the cmd flash up in front of E:D for a second, in order to stop that I create a shortcut to the .bat with the Properties>Run set to minimized. This is working exactly how I need it to, I'm just pretty sure that if I did this properly it would eliminate some steps.

iceblast

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 11:18:39 PM »
Here's a profile with the command that Gangrel made. Hopefully, it will help you understand it better.