Author Topic: [v1.6.4.5] File selection dialogs do not remember last location individually  (Read 2617 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
This is actually a pretty old one:

When the file selection dialog is used, the last used path is usually saved, E.G. when you select an application for the "Run an Application" action, you'll get one folder, but if you select sounds for the "Play a Sound" action, you get another.

However, there are two distinct behaviors here:
The "Run an Application" file selection dialog shares its location with the "Export Profile", "Import Commands", and "Import Profile" dialogs, though the former is intended for a different use than the latter three(I feel it would be useful to have them separate). I supposed this may be more of a feature request, as they're probably not separated by design.

The dialog for the "Value from file/URI" option of the "Set a Text Value", and the dialog for the "Inline Function Path" field of the "Execute a Precompiled Inline Function", also share that path.

The reason this isn't a feature request is behavior number two: When the file selection dialog for the "Play a Sound" or "Play a Random Sound" actions is used successfully, it actually overwrites the last location for all other dialogs, which does not happen the other way around.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:28:55 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
I've updated the dialogs that browse for files to each use their own, 'last browsed directory' setting.  This will be out in the next release.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Looks good in v1.6.9.28, using the different file picker dialogs will be much quicker without having to navigate to the relevant folder every time :D

Two things I noticed:

The "Run an Application" action affects the "LastInlineFunctionDirectory" setting, which is shared with the "Built Output" field of the inline function window, and the "Execute a Precompiled Inline Function" action.

Don't know if this is intended, just pointing it out.

The default path for any dialog that doesn't have a saved setting yet appears to be the last used path in any file picker dialog in Windows, would it make sense to have it default to something like the desktop instead?

Gary

• Administrator
Don't know if this is intended, just pointing it out.

Not intentional...  I made a change in the inline function code and thought it would be useful in the app launch code.  Copy/paste :(   The precompiled inline function and build output share a common value, tho.

Thanks, man.   Another, 'unofficial' is out there.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Yup, seems to work fine in v1.6.9.29(rhyming is coincidental).