Author Topic: More problems  (Read 3706 times)

KingKoz

More problems
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »
Ok, it can't be ONLY me that has issues with VA. I play Dungeons & Dragons Online. If you know the game, it has hotbars which can be populated with icons that represent spells, scrolls gear, weapons etc. In the games options, I then set a keymap for the things I want to be able to control with VA. For instance. There is a spell called Dimension Door (DDoor) which I set to LEFT SHIFT-M. I then wrote a simple command:

When I say "DDoor" (pronounced dee door)

Press Left Shift+M keys and hold for 0.1 seconds and release.

The ONLY other thing I change in the command window is I click the box "Send this command to" and the radio button to the right and in the pull down choose the application Dungeons and Dragons Online.

When I say the command DDoor my character clicks that spell and a dimension door opens. Great!

Well, not so great! because as I am in a fight, suddenly a DDoor opens. I didn't hit SHIFT+M but it still came up. I thought maybe I did hit the command until it happened again, then again....all while NOT hitting or saying the command. Then I moved the spell to a different hotbar. But the ddoor kept being cast even though I didn't say or hit the keymap. I finally logged off and quit the game. This time, I DID NOT start VA at all. The task was not running at all. I then logged back on and went to a place I could fight something and suddenly a ddoor popped up. How can a spell that isn't even in the slot pointing at the keymapped hotbar slot in teh command still work? It appears to be keeping the command in memory. If I reboot my pc, this will not happen after rebooting if I DON"T run VA.

Koz

Gary

• Administrator
Re: More problems
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 05:39:47 PM »
What do you have your command weight set to in options?  If your command weight is set to a very high number, you can effectively cough and the speech engine will make a best guess at what was said and then go with it.

This time, I DID NOT start VA at all. The task was not running at all. I then logged back on and went to a place I could fight something and suddenly a ddoor popped up. How can a spell that isn't even in the slot pointing at the keymapped hotbar slot in teh command still work? It appears to be keeping the command in memory. If I reboot my pc, this will not happen after rebooting if I DON"T run VA.

So, are you saying that commands were running when VA was not running?  Are you *sure* VA was not running?  If you think you are closing it and you have the option, 'Close Button Minimize Only' selected, VA is only minimized and not closed.

KingKoz

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 05:50:02 PM »
What do you have your command weight set to in options?  If your command weight is set to a very high number, you can effectively cough and the speech engine will make a best guess at what was said and then go with it.

Command weight? Not sure where that is so I am assuming it is set to what ever VA uses as default.

This time, I DID NOT start VA at all. The task was not running at all. I then logged back on and went to a place I could fight something and suddenly a ddoor popped up. How can a spell that isn't even in the slot pointing at the keymapped hotbar slot in teh command still work? It appears to be keeping the command in memory. If I reboot my pc, this will not happen after rebooting if I DON"T run VA.

So, are you saying that commands were running when VA was not running?  Are you *sure* VA was not running?  If you think you are closing it and you have the option, 'Close Button Minimize Only' selected, VA is only minimized and not closed.

Yes, that's exactly what I am saying. I changed that setting when I first installed VA. VA is definitely not running at all and the command runs, I have even visually verified in the task manager that the task is not running.

KingKoz

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 05:59:56 PM »

Ok, I found the Command weight setting. It is set to 50. I did not change this setting.

When I reinstalled VA a few days ago. I wrote that DDoor command using the keymap SHIFT+A. Since I have fat fingers I sometimes hit those keys. In the game, SHIFT is blocking and A is move left. I thought maybe that was the reason for the spell to keep activating...accidentally hitting SHIFT+A. SO I moved the keymap in the game to SHIFT+M thinking there is no way I could hit that key combo. I also made sure I edited the command in VA to reflect the new key combo. I did this by clicking the command and editing it. Since the key combo already had the SHIFT key selected, I just clicked M to set the combo. But when the same thing happened with the new key combo, I was more confused.

Koz

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »
If VA is running, it's going to do exactly what your command's actions are telling it to do.  If VA is not running, it doesn't continue to run in memory, running amok and doing stuff.  It never has in the 11 or so years it's been around.  You may want to export your profile, zip it up and share it here so that somebody experienced can look at it to see if there's something you've possibly added inadvertently.  Make sure to carefully list the steps you are taking, as well as what you are expecting as a result versus what you are actually experiencing.  Unless you've wildly uncovered something that Pfeil has not, it's going to be something you are doing and will be quickly recognizable once you share your profile and steps.

KingKoz

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »
If VA is running, it's going to do exactly what your command's actions are telling it to do.  If VA is not running, it doesn't continue to run in memory, running amok and doing stuff.  It never has in the 11 or so years it's been around.  You may want to export your profile, zip it up and share it here so that somebody experienced can look at it to see if there's something you've possibly added inadvertently.  Make sure to carefully list the steps you are taking, as well as what you are expecting as a result versus what you are actually experiencing.  Unless you've wildly uncovered something that Pfeil has not, it's going to be something you are doing and will be quickly recognizable once you share your profile and steps.

OK, I have included the profile as an attachment.

Not sure what steps you want me to list but here is what I am doing.

After installing VA, I started with a new profile. I did not import and old one or one from another user. I then wrote the command DDoor:

Voice Attack command editor
1. click Edit Profile, then New Command
2. check the box "When I say:" and enter DDoor
3. click Key Press
4. in the "Add Key press" window I hold the SHIFT + M and hit OK
5. it says Press Left Shift+M keys and hold for 0.1 seconds and release in the command box)
6. Enter Dimension Door in Description field
7. I enter Spell in the Category field
8. the box is checked Allow other commands to be executed while this one is running
9. I also check the box Send this command to and then the radio button for the pulldown and select Dungeons and Dragons Online.
10. Hit OK, then hit DONE.

Starting VA/DDO and using commands
1. 2click Voice Attack.
2. say "start ddo" abd the ddo client starts up and brings me to the login screen
3. say "login" (I have removed the login command from this profile as it includes my password)
4. I am presented with the character select screen. I manually choose the character I want to play and click play.
5. after choose a quest to run, I enter the quest (I solo alot). While fighting, the spell DDoor (which I have a command for) will randomly be cast even though I am NOT saying DDoor or hitting the SHIFT+M key combo and do not want that spell because I am fighting. I do not know what that random thing is that is causing the command to run.

In Game options
1. in options/keymaps I scroll to the hotbar (I use 12-13 on this toon) Hotbar #7 slot 0 (#10) I set the keymap combo LEFT SHIFT+M. I then place that spells icon in that hotbar and slot.
2. so when I say DDoor, I expect  VA to click the keymap LEFT SHIFT+M which has the spell DDeor loaded to teleport me to the start of the quest.
3. the 1st time I use DDoor and subsequent times I use that spell, it works. The problem is that it is working even when I am not saying the command or hitting the key combo.
4. Thinking I would just move the spell to another hotbar (but NOT change the command, forcing it to fail) a DDoor still randomly pops up...again, I didn't say the command or hit the keymap combo.
5. so, I then closed Voice Attack. yes, I DID uncheck the box for VA to minimize AND I visually verified in task manager that VA was not running so it is not simply minimized.
6. Logoff that character and log back on....VA still not running.
7. go into a quest and in the middle of fighting, a DDoor pops up. I did not hit the key combo s there is no way that spell can run unless I click it.

I have even closed the ddo client, shutdown Voice Attack and logged off for the evening. Came back the next day, DID NOT start VA but logged into DDO and while in a quest, had a DDoor randomly continue to appear.....Yes, even though VA was not running. As a test, I did the same thing another night. Except this time, I rebooted my computer (I leave my pc on 24/7) and did not start VA, logged into DDO and I was not experiencing the latent command like previously. Appearing like the reboot cleared the memory.

In DDO, hotbars 1-10 are defaulted keymaps to CTRL+1 thru CTRL+0. Hotbar 1 (CTRL+1) is basically the default hotbar. I have the spell ddoor on hotbar 7 slot 10. I think the issue might be that VA is defaulting to the hotbar that was the last command used...in this case HB7 slot 10 DDoor and since that is the last command used, it is executing that command.

Koz
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:28:03 PM by KingKoz »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:51:18 PM »
I don't see anything in there that looks like it's out of line.  There's no looping, no repeating commands (as far as I can tell).  I can't explain why it seems like something is pressing LEFT SHIFT + M to open your DDoor when you log out and back in... I checked to see if you had a hotkey assigned and you do not.  Do you have any other macro software running that could be doing this?  If VA is not in your task manager, VA is not running.  VA *can* be minimized to the system tray and appear to not be running, but it would still show up in task manager.  Line noise can make VA execute commands if it's bad enough.  Does, 'DDoor' show up in the log as an executed command when you don't think you've executed it (when VA is actually running and not, 'ghost' running)?

KingKoz

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 09:53:03 AM »
I don't see anything in there that looks like it's out of line.  There's no looping, no repeating commands (as far as I can tell).  I can't explain why it seems like something is pressing LEFT SHIFT + M to open your DDoor when you log out and back in... I checked to see if you had a hotkey assigned and you do not.  Do you have any other macro software running that could be doing this?  If VA is not in your task manager, VA is not running.  VA *can* be minimized to the system tray and appear to not be running, but it would still show up in task manager.  Line noise can make VA execute commands if it's bad enough.  Does, 'DDoor' show up in the log as an executed command when you don't think you've executed it (when VA is actually running and not, 'ghost' running)?

Hence my confusion :-) I do not have an answer for your question re; ddoor showing up in the log. I didn't think to look there when it happened. I will try it when I log on and update my post.

Koz

KingKoz

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »

Hence my confusion :-) I do not have an answer for your question re; ddoor showing up in the log. I didn't think to look there when it happened. I will try it when I log on and update my post.

Koz

Ok, it looks like the problem is with focus. teleporting is different than most other spells/scrolls. When using 1 scroll of teleport a menu with 10 locations to teleport to comes up, then you can choose a location. The difference with teleport is that where the others spells just offer a menu type list, teleport offers Icons (that represent the location) that can be dragged to a hotbar. Basically shortening the action. Now I just have to click the location instead of select a teleport scroll/spell then choose a location. This is a hotbar I added so that I have the locations readily available. I haven't been able to figure out why this hotbar is keeping focus though. All the other Keypress commands I have don't seem to grab focus at all....just the one with the teleport locations.

As for the commands staying in memory...I think that is not the case. It may be the fact I slot my hotbars the same on different characters.

Koz

KingKoz

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 10:23:52 AM »
I think I have fixed (part) of the issues I have been having. Apparently SHIFT keymaps in DDO are not a good idea. I changed them to ALT keymaps and ddoor seems to work fine now.

Koz