Author Topic: How do I set the input/output devices without VA making them default in windows?  (Read 2831 times)

bukueoner

I want to use VA as a voice activated soundboard, but when I try to route the sounds through my virtual audio devices VA always sets the ones I select in the VA audio options to default devices in windows which screws it all up.

I want to hear the game through my headphones (which is my default windows playback device), route VA output through virtual device 1, record in VA with my mic, have virtual device 1 route back to my headphones and through virtual device 2 and then have virtual device 2 as my default windows recording device.

This way I can hear my game and VA output while VA also outputs to my virtual mic and no one can hear themselves echo in my mic. I do this in a lot of other games with foobar2000 and never have any problems because that program doesn't make the devices default in windows. So is there any way to stop VA doing that or no?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
For a soundboard, you can change the device the "Play a Sound" and/or "Play a Random Sound" actions use for each action individually(with the "Channel" dropdown), and leave the default audio devices as is.

This won't work for TTS, however, as that always uses the default device.

bukueoner

For a soundboard, you can change the device the "Play a Sound" and/or "Play a Random Sound" actions use for each action individually(with the "Channel" dropdown), and leave the default audio devices as is.

The channel option in the "play a sound" window is grayed out for me, so I can't change it. What do I do?

Gary

• Administrator
Go to Options>Audio and select the, 'Integrated Components' option for, 'Audio Output Type'.  The individual sound to channel feature is not available for Windows Media Components or Legacy Audio.