Author Topic: Simple window settings at start  (Read 2342 times)

Sloboda

• VoiceCommander Creator
    • A.M.I.S. X Plane
Simple window settings at start
« on: February 04, 2018, 12:12:29 AM »
Hello,
could it be possible to show a window at a profile start for a simple user can add parameters.
Example:

i add some fields in this window, for example: "Enter your first name"
fields required or not required
i get those values in my code
when user start again the profile, fields contain the values set on previous open, so user just have to clic OK, or can change some of them

like this, for example, when i use a text to speech in my code, i could use the first name of the user. "Hello Name !"

fields could be text, decimal, bool

I don't know if it's a good idea for developers... But it could be very interesting for me... lol

Thx a lot
Have a good day

EDIT by Pfeil: The "Get User Input - Text", "Get User Input - Decimal", and "Get User Input - Choice" provide this functionality.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:30:58 AM by Pfeil »

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: Simple window settings at start
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 08:10:30 AM »
You should be able to show a message box with text input fields through a C# inline function. Not sure how much you know about C#, but this may help get you started: http://www.csharp-examples.net/inputbox/

Sloboda

• VoiceCommander Creator
    • A.M.I.S. X Plane
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:02:49 AM »
Thx for link, i'm very zero, but i'll have a look

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 07:24:59 AM »
Check out the content in the Inline Functions section of the forum. There are a bunch of different inline functions posted there that should help you learn. Much of what I've contributed involved many Google searches to understand what's possible and how to do it, and I try to provide comments in my code that briefly describe what's happening line by line.

HTH