Author Topic: Output selection (audio)  (Read 8352 times)

Zerotrace

Output selection (audio)
« on: June 12, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »
I did a quick search, but found nothing. So I'd like to request that output (audio) selection be added.

As an example, my streaming rig has multiple virtual patch cables and at this time I use another program to 'route' the audio output of VA through my virtual patch cable and into my DAW. This works currently, but not very well. I experience crashes and hangups due to the routing via software. (Tested multiple times and in varying lengths with software routing on and then off)

If I could select my VPC #6 from VA it's self (visible as a sound device in windows playback devices list) I do believe the crashes and hangs would be alleviated and I could once again use VA.

If this is a duplicate, and/or I missed a switch for this functionality, might someone please leave a link to the instructions. Also if this functionality exists, I do apologize for cluttering up the forums needlessly.

`Zero

EDIT by Pfeil: Audio device/channel selection is available for all actions that play sounds.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:41:28 AM by Pfeil »

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Output selection (audio)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
Yes, sound output and voice input options are sorely needed. This would be of huge benefit I think to many.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

shadowsol

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 09:50:49 AM »
i second this

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
It's on the books.  It will be a big overhaul, but I think it's doable...

Grumpf

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 07:21:13 AM »
Is this feature still planned? I use a bluetooth headset to communicate with voice attack and I would like to get voice attack responses in this headset while the rest of the sound is played in my pc speakers.

For now I tried to use Audio-router (https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router) to do the mapping but you can't save the setup and voice attack crashs frequently.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
This feature has been in VA since the v1.6.7 release (which you may already have) :  http://voiceattack.com/changes.aspx

Hope that helps!

Grumpf

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2017, 02:40:29 AM »
This sounds great but I don't see any choice for the output channel in voice attack 1.6.7.
In "audio", I can choose "Legacy Audio", "Integrated Components" or "Windows Media Components" as "Audio Output Type". When I choose "Integrated Components" or any of these types, I have no output channel choice. There is also no balance adjustement.
Do I miss something ?

Edit: I tried with the latest beta (1.6.7.21) but I have the same issue.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:58:31 AM by Grumpf »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2017, 04:27:18 AM »
The output channel selection and balance setting are available in the "Play a Sound" action; They are not yet available for the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" or "Play a Random Sound" actions.

Grumpf

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »
Thanks for the explaination Pfeil.
So Gary, do you plan to add the output channel selection to the TTS ?

Grumpf

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »
Up

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 04:42:10 PM »
Under the current setup, that is not going to happen as any channel chosen other than, 'Default' using their object model ends up going to the default channel.  The search continues...

ericwi

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 03:27:04 PM »
One workaround I found is Audio Router. https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router 

I have to set the default device to the one I want VA to go to (headset), but then can redirect they game or web browser to a different one (HDMI speakers).

If I try to redirect VA, VA crashes.