Author Topic: Test to Speech response cuts off all or part of first word  (Read 2501 times)

joepoway

Test to Speech response cuts off all or part of first word
« on: January 01, 2018, 05:08:53 PM »
I have had this issue for quite some time with the latest and several previous revisions I have loaded. I use VA extensively for flight sim programs like P3D, DCS, and X Plane and use the Spad.next plugin as well for my Saitek controllers. Here's my issue:

When I initiate any text to speech command and only VA is running the first word or part of it depending on length gets cut off but the remaining text to speech comes through the speakers just fine. Now when I have any of my flight sim programs running and execute the same text to speech command the entire sentence is played back beautifully. This issue presents itself on all text to speech responses no matter what the VA event that triggers the text to speech playback. It's as if there is a slight receiving delay that causes the Microsoft op system to miss the first couple of letters in the text to speech when no other program is running which has already made sound connects for some reason. Additionally if i just try a preview of the text to speech line when I'm developing or editing commands I get the same issue where the very first part is cut off but not if I have another flight sim program open.

Any idea on what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance
Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Test to Speech response cuts off all or part of first word
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:02:33 PM »
When you run the TTS preview from the "Speech Properties" control panel applet(search for "text to speech" in the start menu), does it exhibit the same behavior?

joepoway

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:27:50 AM »
If you mean the preview option button on the "Other stuff'" box when you are entering the "Say something with Text-To-Speech" where you can set the voice, volume, rate and so on yes the missed beginning is the same there as it is if I execute a voice command with just VA running.

However as I said if for instance P3D or X Plane is running the full word or phrase is spoken through the speakers.

Thanks
Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 02:55:53 PM »
I mean the text-to-speech section of the Windows control panel:

1. Open Settings

2. Click "System"

3. Click "Speech"

4. Click "Preview Voice"