Author Topic: Can I use my VA key on Steam version or do I need to rebuy?  (Read 3303 times)

Morddraig

Can I use my VA key on Steam version or do I need to rebuy?
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:58:02 AM »
I have been using VA with a voice pack in ED for around 14 months.  I just noticed that its now available on Steam.  do I need to buy it on steam, or can I keep using my regular installation?  Also, are there any benefits to getting the steam version over the stand alone one?

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Re: Can I use my VA key on Steam version or do I need to rebuy?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »
I believe this has been mentioned before but the standalone isn't dependent on anything else whereas the Steam version requires Steam to function. Check out this post for some more info.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:31:39 AM »
If you have the standalone version then definitely stay with that. There is no benefit at all to using the steam version.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
Since that post in April, VoiceAttack is able to run without Steam after installation and first launch (if you run it from its installed location, and not from the Steam launcher).

If you want to look at the criteria for migrating to Steam, check out this thread over there:  http://steamcommunity.com/app/583010/discussions/0/135512305398228186/