Author Topic: A way of detecting if a command has a missing sound file  (Read 3653 times)

popalu

A way of detecting if a command has a missing sound file
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:09:54 AM »
Is there a way of a profile telling you if a sound is missing, without having to run each command?

I have a profile of over 1200 commands, all with multiple sound files, to vary the response. I have reorganised the sound files, into a new directory structure and gone back through the profile, changing the sound files to the new locations.

I want to be able to parse the profile and for it to say if it cant locate the sound file referenced, then I can check where it is and move it into the correct place in the new structure. Once done, any new features I may add, will be easy to locate, update or add to.

I don't think there is, but worth asking. If not, Gary a function which plays all commands with a sound file attached and shows an error for missing sound files would be a god-send as profiles get larger

Gary

• Administrator
Re: A way of detecting if a command has a missing sound file
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:58:13 AM »
Try running VoiceAttack with -verifyaudio command line option.  That *may* be what you are looking for (page 112 of the help doc if you need more info).

popalu

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 08:16:11 AM »
Will try tonight, thanks Gary

popalu

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »
Worked like a charm, need to read the manual. Thanks Gary

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 10:19:35 AM »
Kinda hidden down in there.  I first responded with, 'it's not documented anywhere', but I searched to make sure it wasn't... and it was lol.

Thanks for letting me know!