Author Topic: Modified "Recognized: (command)" for voice commands  (Read 2636 times)

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Modified "Recognized: (command)" for voice commands
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:00:42 AM »
I am trying to find ways to output different text to the event log when a voice command is recognized.

Let's start with an example:

When I say: "hello"
Code: [Select]
Write '[Blue] how are you?' to logOutput:

But what if I want the "Recognized" portion instead to output
Recognized: 'puppies'

One method I've found employs the VoiceAttack Action "Ignore an Unrecognized Word or Phrase." The manual says it "...basically just discards the recognized command and does not report it in the recognition log." Gary originally intended it to be used by itself so that phrases you want to ignore can be put in "when I say" and the Ignore Phrase action would prevent those words from appearing in the log. But you can also use the Ignore Phrase and still carry out actions. So for example:

When I say: "good morning"
Code: [Select]
Do nothing (ignore command)
Write '[Green] Recognized: 'puppies'' to log
Write '[Blue] indeed it is' to log
Output:

Are there any other ways to achieve this kind of behavior? In particular it would great to have more flexibility with this in conjunction with dynamic command sets.

This would be useful if you want to hard code alternate pronunciations of voice commands into the "when I say." In this case you wouldn't want to output those funky alternate pronunciations; rather you'd want to output some preferred text.