Author Topic: Help Problem with Microphone  (Read 6485 times)

johnliem

Help Problem with Microphone
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:23 AM »
Hello Gary

first of all I have already read the Setting up microphone input, so here is my problem which I have never solved it since I use windows 10, if I go to device I see these 5 devices

A   2751-0 (NVIDIA High Defination Audio)
B   U28e570-8 (NVIDIA High Defination Audio)
C   Microphone (Realtek High Defination Audio)
D   Speaker(Realtek High Defination Audio)
E   Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Defination Audio)

in voice attack I go to options and Audio

if I choose the default audio playback is D or (Realtek High Defination Audio)

and windows default Audio Recording device is C Microphone (Realtek High Defination Audio) in this case I do not change  as the microphone plug in this soundcard (onboard)

I do not see any bar movement under voice Attack that microphone works and I do not hear any sound

But if I choose the default audio playback is A (2751-0 (NVIDIA High Defination Audio)

I can see that the microphone works

but I do not hear any sound it is logicly because  the audio playback is A

so my big issue is soon the audio playback is D, the microphone does not work, do you have any idea why this happend
my microphone is Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Help Problem with Microphone
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
Do you see the microphone volume bar move in the "Recording" tab of the "Sound" control panel applet? Even when you have the Realtek speaker output as default?

I'll assume you have dual monitors connected via HDMI or DisplayPort, thus the NVIDIA devices. It's odd that those would interact with the Realtek driver at all.

On Windows 7, uninstalling the "NVIDIA HD Audio Driver" would get rid of those devices(which means you wouldn't be able to hear sound through the TV/monitor, if it has that capability) not sure if that works in Windows 10 as well. I wouldn't bet on that solving the problem, but it's something you could try.

johnliem

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:52:50 AM »
Do you see the microphone volume bar move in the "Recording" tab of the "Sound" control panel applet? Even when you have the Realtek speaker output as default?

Yes I can see the bar move in "Recording" tab of the "Sound" control panel applet, but not in voice attack option

I'll assume you have dual monitors connected via HDMI or DisplayPort, thus the NVIDIA devices. It's odd that those would interact with the Realtek driver at all.

yet it is correct, I use 3 monitors connected  via HDMI and DisplayPort

On Windows 7, uninstalling the "NVIDIA HD Audio Driver" would get rid of those devices(which means you wouldn't be able to hear sound through the TV/monitor, if it has that capability) not sure if that works in Windows 10 as well. I wouldn't bet on that solving the problem, but it's something you could try.

what I did I disable the NVIDIA HD Audio driver even uninstalling it, but it is still the same result, I will try to connect only one monitor will let you know how it goes.

johnliem

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 01:32:38 AM »
okay as  I said, what I have done

When i disconnected 2 other monitor, the microphone works as usual, and I did reconnect them all and uninstall  "NVIDIA HD Audio Driver"  still the same result as earlier,

so at the moment I know that using 3 monitor which connected via HDMI and DisplayPort coused this issue, well I hope one day Gary can find the solution of my luxurios issue ;-)

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
Maybe try a USB sound card? I use one with my ModMic 4.0 and my PC recognizes the sound output as going through the USB device. Might create enough hardware interaction "separation" to avoid the problem vs plugging the 3.5 mm jack into your PC directly.

johnliem

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 11:05:04 AM »
Thanks for the tip,I have a USB sound card, I will give it ago, can you tell me how exactly do you do that? I mean do you plug in only the micropone or also for the sound,

as you see my issue occur because I have 3 monitors which I connect them via HDMI and Display port. thanks.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 01:22:34 PM »
I have my headphones and my modmic plugged into the appropriate ports on the USB sound card and then the sound card is plugged directly into my motherboard in the back of my PC. Both the playback and audio devices on my PC then show the USB sound card.

johnliem

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 02:43:19 PM »
Thanks again for your reply, just before I am dong that, another question, do you also have 2  monitors?
the reason why I am asking because the issue I have because of  combination HDMI and Display port.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
Yes I have 2 monitors. One is via DVI-D and the other is DisplayPort, so it isn't the same setup as yours :/

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
I also have a full-time HDMI and a full-time displayport and sometimes an additional HDMI/MHL something and that doesn't ever cause my sound to change unless I inadvertently change my default.  I don't have a Realtek with this box, but I did have one on my last box and never had an issue with multiple monitors.  Just my two cents...

johnliem

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 05:33:48 AM »
okay it works now, what I have done , I use the microphone from my onboard sound card and the speaker from USB sound card. thanks to all your help, much appreciate it.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 06:00:25 AM »
Glad you were able to get everything working!