Author Topic: Speech Recognition problem  (Read 2100 times)

triko

Speech Recognition problem
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:08:31 AM »
Hi everybody, im facing with a trouble after installation of the Microsoft Speech Platform Runtime (2.5 MB) suggested in VoiceAttack site (link: http://voiceattack.com/alternate.aspx). After downloaded the file and installed I run VA go into settings -> TAB SYstem/Advanced and tick on "Uue installed Speech Platform Speech Engines". Restart VA and it crash, restart again and he warn me that VA close wrongly offering various options to start, I choose Restore defaults and it go!
Someone stuck in the same trouble can help?
I post screenshot!
If I didnt choose "Use installed Speech platform Engines" but instead 'USe buil-in SAPI Speech Engines" what the differences?
Thank you all!!!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Speech Recognition problem
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
Have you installed one of the languages after installing the platform runtime?

The differences between the built-in speech recognition engine(SAPI) and speech platform 11 are outlined on the page you're linking to; Mainly, speech platform 11 doesn't require training, but it doesn't allow for dictation.

If you have speech recognition available already, there's no requirement to install anything but VoiceAttack itself. Speech platform 11 is offered as an alternative for those that don't have anything else available.