Author Topic: Trouble Getting VA Working in XP...  (Read 2485 times)

Dakota Mike

Trouble Getting VA Working in XP...
« on: September 27, 2017, 10:27:23 PM »
Hi all, I'm a big fan of the VA software.  I use it all the time.  I recently got my old XP machine running again, and I wanted to use the VA software on it as well.  I installed VA and the recognition modules, but when I try to run VA it says I  don't have any recognition software installed.  But I do!  I have Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1.  It seems very similar to the Speech Recognition Software in Windows 7.  I went through two training sessions, and I can confirm it seems to work pretty well and uses the same training speeches as my Windows 7 version.

What can I do to get VA running?  Is there a way to help it "see" Windows Speech Recognition software?

Thanks so much in advance.  I use VA to help with a hand injury, so not being able to use it is a big problem for me.

mIRCon

Re: Trouble Getting VA Working in XP...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 12:25:43 AM »
I presume that you used this download link for VA 1.4?
http://voiceattack.com/Download_for_xp.aspx

Dakota Mike

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »
Right.  I should've specified that.  I tried both versions 1.4 and versions 1.35.  Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1 seems to be working fine, and VA also seems to install fine.  So I don't know why it isn't detecting that I have voice software installed.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »
I was going to ask if the last XP-compatible version was being used.  Unfortunately, I don't even have an XP machine around to try this out on.  The earliest I have is a Vista Ultimate in a virtual machine o_O