Author Topic: out of my depth  (Read 5047 times)

efc32

out of my depth
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:21:47 PM »
I have ETS 2 and I want to purchase this software, but ive no clue, how to even go about making commands, not that i'd understand this kind of stuff even if i wanted to.  Is there a way to get a profile (i've looked and looked and despite lots and lots of people gushing about how great voice attack is with ETS2 and ATS, they wont share their profile...really nice kids huh?)

Anyway I dont know where this post even belongs, but for sure I really want to use voice commands for euro truck simulator 2, since i dont even have a wheel and limited buttons on my controller...if anyone can help in any way, it would be appreciated.

many thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: out of my depth
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:16:51 AM »
There appears to be a profile for download on the SCS Software forums, though I can't vouch for the quality.

It should be noted, however, that while you can use VoiceAttack for complex things, setting up basic keypress commands is pretty simple:

Assuming you have the trial installed, and the speech training completed, start VoiceAttack.

Click , and click the "New Command" button at the top right of the "Edit a Profile " window.

The "Add a Command" window should appear; Now you can enter a phrase that will trigger your command when spoken by replacing the default "New Command" text in the "When I say" textbox. For example "Windscreen wipers".

Next, click the "Key Press" button on the left hand side of the "Add a Command" window. The "Add a Keypress" dialog will appear. You can now press "P", and the rightmost key indicator should show "P". Click "OK" to add this action to your command.

The "Add a command" window should now look something like this:

Click "OK" at the bottom right of the "Add a Command" window, which will add your new command to the command list.
To be able to speak the command to execute it, you need to click "Done" at the bottom right of the "Edit a Profile" window so the profile is saved.

You should now be able to toggle the windshield wipers in Euro Truck Simulator or American Truck Simulator by saying "windshield wipers".

EDIT: Fixed image links
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:42:31 PM by Pfeil »