Author Topic: PayPal? I hate PayPal!  (Read 9041 times)

Gary

• Administrator
PayPal? I hate PayPal!
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:18:23 PM »
Hi, there.

PayPal is a sore spot for some, as I can understand that it's a little daunting to trust your financial information with a large, US-based enterprise.

Unfortunately, I do not have any other payment options other than PayPal at this time.  I chose PayPal since they are reliable and they have been around for a long time.  I do find them trustworthy and have had an almost flawless experience with them over the last several years.  In some regions, there are more regulations on the information that PayPal needs in order to process payments.  I am not sure if this is local regulation or if it is PayPal policy (or both).  Sometimes they require a bit more information, however, they are a financial institution and they are trying to protect you by making sure it is you. 

Another cool thing I like about PayPal is that your information is only in one place instead of given to many (including shady) vendors, plus, the merchants that receive your payments do not get any of your financial information.  For example, the only useful information VoiceAttack.com receives is your email address, your name and the details of the payment transaction (no address or phone numbers or any other way to identify you).

Hope that alleviates some of your concerns.  I would encourage you to give PayPal a try, as it really makes buying stuff easier on sites that take it.