Author Topic: [v1.6.9.25] "Device State" dropdowns don't update when item is not "confirmed"  (Read 2247 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I don't think this is related to the dropdown issues mentioned here, but it's in the same area:

When the dropdowns in the "Device State" tab of a "Begin" action(loop or conditional) are modified, the one(s) below it are also supposed to update to reflect the chosen device type.

When a dropdown is modified by any other means than clicking on an item(I.E. using the keyboard arrows or pressing a letter to jump to an item beginning with that letter), if the dropdown is then closed without "confirming" the change either by pressing enter or clicking the item in the dropdown(I.E. closed by pressing escape or clicking outside of the dropdown), the change will visually occur in the dropdown, but the other dropdowns are not updated.

E.G.
  • Add or edit a "Begin a Condition (If Statement) Block" action
  • Click the "Device State" tab
  • Click the first dropdown to open it(this issue does not occur if the dropdown control is selected using Tab and modified without opening the actual dropdown list)
  • Change the selected item using either the arrow keys or a letter on the keyboard
  • Click outside the dropdown
  • Observe that the dropdown closes and the selection sticks
  • Click the second dropdown to open it
  • Observe that the second dropdown has not updated to the items relevant to the first dropdown's selection

In addition, it is also possible to "crash"(throw an exception at least) VoiceAttack by continuing from the previous steps:
  • Click the first dropdown to open it
  • Change the selected item using either the arrow keys or a letter on the keyboard to "Mouse Button"(assuming it wasn't selected already, otherwise select one of the other items first using any normal means that will update the other dropdowns)
  • Click outside the dropdown
  • Observe that the dropdown closes and the selection sticks
  • Click the second dropdown to open it
  • Change the selected item by any means, but select an item lower than the first seven in the list
  • Click "OK" to add the action to your command
  • Attempt to edit the action just added
  • Observe that VoiceAttack throws a "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException"
  • If choosing to "Continue" on the exception dialog, observe that the second dropdown is blank, and the third is invisible

At this point you could use the dropdowns normally, starting with the first, which does appear to allow fixing of the erroneous data.

Note that this also occurs when modifying the second dropdown.

E.G. moving from "<Any Key>" to "B" without "confirming" will result in the third dropdown only showing "Is Pressed"(which is how I noticed this issue in the first place).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:08:07 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
I think I've got each of these wrangled, including the ones in the other thread. 

Thanks again for your thorough checking!

Gary

• Administrator
Probably will be a bit for another beta (if there even is one before the next full release), so, I popped an, 'unofficial' out there:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
This one appears to be fixed in v1.6.9.26

Hold the phone!

This tab suffers from the same issue as the others(mentioned in the second edit to this post, but it a slightly different way:

When the tab is initially selected, the "OK" button is grayed out. Changing the bottom two dropdown values does not enable it, only the top "Device" dropdown does.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 03:29:40 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Ack... yup.  It's doing that alright.  The ok button for the last tab should never be gray.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
I believe this is resolved in v1.6.9.28