Author Topic: PTT and VoiceAttack  (Read 3289 times)

clyde642

PTT and VoiceAttack
« on: July 26, 2021, 06:48:22 PM »
I am getting back to multi-player and coop. I do not understand how this may work though. I want PTT to talk to the team, but voice attack, does it stay on to hear commands? is there a setting, is it even doable?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: PTT and VoiceAttack
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 09:34:21 PM »
Hi, there

What a lot of folks do is set the VoiceAttack 'Push to listen' key to be the same as the PTT button for their comms app. 

For example, let's say your comms app uses the F2 key for PTT-  You press F2 down to talk to your friends and then release F2 when you are done.  In VoiceAttack, what you'll want to do is have VoiceAttack stop 'listening' when the F2 key is down.  To set this up, go to the Options screen, then over to the 'Hotkeys' tab.  Click on the, '...' next to the 'Recognition Global Hotkey' section.  You'll be presented with the, 'Global Hotkey' screen - In there, check the 'Enable keyboard global hotkey' box and then press the F2 key to select just F2 (you may need to clear the defaults in there first by clicking, 'Clear').  Then, choose the, 'VoiceAttack STOPS listening while keys are down' option, and make sure the, 'Do not allow key to be passed through' option is checked.  Click OK and then OK on the Options screen.  What will happen now is VA will stop 'listening' when F2 is down, and your friends can hear you talk.  When F2 is released, your friends won't hear you, and VA will start, 'listening' again.

Hope that helps!