Author Topic: Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute  (Read 3592 times)

Antrys

Is there any way to know which command?
Going back in the log 5-10 commands, nothing sticks out to me; they all allow other commands to execute.

It very random. This seems to be happening in the heat of battle, I suspect it's either one of my commands triggered by the joystick trigger buttons (rapid firing Joystick button 1-or-2 and VA can't keep up?) or a plugin, but I can't even figure out where to start.

If I click on the "Stop all commands"  it doesn't fix it.  The Stop all commands says it worked in the log, but the following commands still give the same "command cancelled: Another command is not allowing others to execute"
The only fix is to quit VA, and restart.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 12:48:32 PM »
Does "Stop all commands" list any commands it's supposedly stopped?

The command in question will have the "Allow other commands to be executed while this one is running" options unchecked, thus causing the "blockage".
It's likely also one that loops in some way(if it gets stuck in a loop it could ignore the "Stop all commands" action).

Antrys

Re: Command canceled: Another command is not allowing others to execute
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:10:50 AM »
It doesn't list any commands.  Just says that it's stopping all commands, then says a command is still blocking.

Honestly, I'm thinging it's a cereproc single-instance issue.  I've started sending more voice commands to EDDI to get the audio FX processing from it.  I don't think EDDI has a way to deal with cereproc single-instancing.  Since VA, can't stop the command, I'd bet money that's where my problem is, in the plugin's TTS routines.

I'm going to try and add a "Stop all playing Sounds" command right before I call the plugin routine, see if that helps.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:16:21 AM by Antrys »