Author Topic: Anyone got VA as Administrator Working?  (Read 3403 times)

LigerXT5

Anyone got VA as Administrator Working?
« on: July 06, 2017, 06:58:52 PM »
I've been trying to get VA to auto start, after I've logged into windows.

My situation is on Windows 10 Pro.

Placing a shortcut into the Startup folder doesn't work.

Setting a task schedule, even with VA not getting Higher Priveledges, doesn't popup.

Task Schedule with a .bat file to start Voiceattack. This is hit and miss, however either way, VA doesn't start. I sometimes get a cmd prompt to come up, twice. Only one (technically two) lines of a code.
Code: [Select]
Start PathToVA.EXE
exit
Results in 1 cmd window opening, then closing, with a second opening as if I ran cmd.exe from the startmenu search.

I figured it might be just VA being picky. However I can't even get task scheduler to open a .txt file, or notepad when I set the Action to Open A Program. With or without higher privileges.

Has anyone found a working way?

Slan

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone got VA as Administrator Working?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 04:22:17 PM »
I have a shortcut to run VA. But the only way I could get elevated admin rights at startup was to make it a scheduled task, then have the task scheduler run this (I created a shortcut to do it)

I created the scheduled task with a tiny program called elevatedshortcuts. The creates the scheduled task then creates a shortcut to execute that task when ever you like (i.e. at login if you wish)

Apparently the elevatedshortcuts program has been replaced by winaero tweaker now, but I can't vouch for the 2nd one.

iceblast

Re: Anyone got VA as Administrator Working?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 05:00:52 PM »
Do a Google search for a program called Elevated Startup.

Or here's the address. https://stefansundin.github.io/elevatedstartup/

Very simple program. It's works just like the Windows Startup Folder. Just drop the program shortcuts you want to start with Admin at windows startup, into the Elevated Startup Folder and your done. Incredibly simple to use. Works great!