Author Topic: Dedicated Mic  (Read 2191 times)

mad_qwerty

Dedicated Mic
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »
Hello,

I've been using VA for a while and usually get pretty good recognition using my headset.
I recently got an Oculus Rift and even after I do the training in Windows with its mic I get TERRIBLE recognition.
Last night I plugged in a desktop mic and tried using it while in the Rift - it worked wonderfully.

My issue is this:
I only want to use this mic for VA and use the mic on my headset\Rift for other stuff.
I can set this up but as soon as I change my default device (like if I'm changing from my Rift to my headset or the other way around) then the mic in VA changes and I either deal with it or go reconfigure again...

Is there any way to lock the mic that VA uses so that I don't have to go into the options every time I change devices?

Let me know if any additional info is needed and thanks in advance!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Dedicated Mic
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 05:42:56 AM »
as soon as I change my default device (like if I'm changing from my Rift to my headset or the other way around) then the mic in VA changes and I either deal with it or go reconfigure again...
Is the default recording device changing by itself when you unplug/shutdown the Rift? Is VoiceAttack running at when you do that?

VoiceAttack has the capability to change the default recording and/or playback device either when it starts or through a command, so while you can't "lock" it as such you can make sure it's set correctly when VoiceAttack is running.

The startup setting is under ->"Audio" tab->"Set Windows Default Audio Recording Device on Startup".

The action is under "Other >"->"Windows"->"Change Default Audio Devices".

EDIT: Fixed image links
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:41:03 PM by Pfeil »