Author Topic: VA only recognizes 0-9  (Read 3598 times)

akmatov

VA only recognizes 0-9
« on: May 30, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »
Just purchased VA after being very impressed with the Demo.  However, the uptodate purchased version only recognizes 0-9 as a voice input.  The initial screen VoiceAttack show the words 'map' and 'mail' when I say them but labels them as Unrecognized.  And the Edit a Profile/New Command/Add a Command/When I say: fails to recognize anything other than 0-9 as voice input.

Obviously this is not acceptable and I didn't have this problem with the Demo.

A solution would be much appreciated.

PS Your Registration is the nastiest I've ever dealt with.  I hate word puzzles.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA only recognizes 0-9
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:27:38 PM »
This was answered in the private email you sent to support, however, the problem you described in the private email does not match what is posted here.  The message from the email stated you were having trouble inputting a value other than 0 to 9 in the, 'when i say' input box (not going to quote it here, unless you want me to).  So which is it?

If it is the issue posted here, have you tried training your speech engine?

In regards to the registration, spam bots are a constant (CONSTANT) on this board, so asking a complicated question such as, 'what is the color of snow' or, 'dog, cat, soup, mouse.  Which does not belong?' is necessary to keep them out.  Very sorry, but it has to be done.  Looks like you got in ok, though ;)

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: VA only recognizes 0-9
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 06:11:29 PM »
In regards to the registration, spam bots are a constant (CONSTANT) on this board, so asking a complicated question such as, 'what is the color of snow' or, 'dog, cat, soup, mouse.  Which does not belong?' is necessary to keep them out.  Very sorry, but it has to be done.  Looks like you got in ok, though ;)

I have seen worse with SMF forums.... I like doing sums with words as the answer (40042+40043= (word) for example).

*looks innocent*