Author Topic: "Hidden" Commands and Keywords  (Read 4497 times)

rpoteat

"Hidden" Commands and Keywords
« on: June 15, 2017, 10:58:02 AM »
Hi All!

Ok, I know the Subject may be a little misleading, but I cannot think of a way to achieve this.

I would like to have a few responses that are not easily found by pulling up the command list. This will (hopefully), give me the ability to input a few "surprise" responses to some common phrases, or specific keywords, but without listing the command in an easy-to-find location.

Right now, voice attack allows the "when I say" field to be disabled, so that voice attack can reference the command internally without need of a spoken phrase. but even in this instance, the command is still visible to anyone who opens the program and simply reads through the command list.

I'm not sure how to program for this, and any and all suggestions would be appreciated, Hit a mental block on this one.

As always, thanks for reading!
Lensman

Gary

• Administrator
Re: "Hidden" Commands and Keywords
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
I've toyed with the idea of having a flag that could be set within an exported profile to indicate if the command was, 'hidden', but I decided that it would probably be a security issue for those that import the profile :(

Especially now that you have a way to execute a command on profile start, have access to inline functions and are probably running VA as an admin o_O.  You can see where this is going.

Frici

Re: "Hidden" Commands and Keywords
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »
I've toyed with the idea of having a flag that could be set within an exported profile to indicate if the command was, 'hidden', but I decided that it would probably be a security issue for those that import the profile :(

Especially now that you have a way to execute a command on profile start, have access to inline functions and are probably running VA as an admin o_O.  You can see where this is going.

Hell no, this is definitely a nonono. big red no def can lead to security problems. no "hidden" surprises please.