Author Topic: Direct Sound  (Read 3104 times)

terrydew

Direct Sound
« on: June 17, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »
I installed the new beta and selected Direct Sound but did not see where the new options are and VA won't let me change the playback device. It keeps going back to the windows default when you exit the window. The change now button still says it is for changing the windows default which it does?
I think I missed something in the instructions?

Thanks
Terry

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Direct Sound
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 03:32:54 PM »
If you go to the, 'audio' tab and set it to, 'DirectSound', you go to the, 'play a sound' screen and then select the audio channel that you want to use for that sound.  What is on the options screen regarding setting the Windows default device is a separate thing (independent of the, 'audio output type' feature).

terrydew

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:58:00 PM »
Ok I misunderstood. I thought this was the change to allow VA to independently select the playback and recording device apart from the windows settings.

Thanks
Terry

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »
Just audio output is selectable, apart from the Windows default.  Before, you were stuck with the, 'Default Playback' device.  Now, you can choose whatever playback device you have available (and active).

terrydew

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 09:18:54 AM »
Ok it finally got through my thick head :). Another question is I noticed that it apparently doesn't change the text to speech event. Is that because it can't be done with text to speech or it just hasn't been implemented there yet?

Thanks
Terry

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
Text-to-speech is in it's own channel that is controlled by Windows (you'll have to make that adjustment through Control Panel).  This is just for playing instances of audio files.  There is no plan to try to reroute what Windows is doing with tts.