Author Topic: Speech to Text for the Comms Window?  (Read 2775 times)

Incryptx

Speech to Text for the Comms Window?
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:59:14 PM »
Hello

How hard would it be to have my comms window open (#2, w/cursor flashing) and when I speak, have what I say typed into that window with a send or enter key given?

This would allow me to open comms and speak to another commander, but have it sent as text on the private or local comms channel.

So, when someone is banging on my shields, I can open comms, say "Quit It!" and send it via text to the comms screen.

Or, has someone written a script for VA or EDDI, which will open the comms panel, say something and have it sent as a text to the comms window?

Just a thought.

EDIT by Pfeil: Dictation is already available (unless using the alternate speech recognition engine, as it does not provide that functionality)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:13:37 AM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Speech to Text for the Comms Window?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 06:28:59 AM »
It is already possible to have the speech recogntion engine attempt to interpret what you're saying and output it somewhere, an example of which is provided here.

Opening the chat window ingame before typing out(or pasting, if the game supports it) your dictated text should be a matter of sending keypresses with the proper timing and order. You'll have to experiment with that.