Author Topic: [v1.6.4.6] "Switch to Another Profile" "Switch by name" inconsistent markings  (Read 2510 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
There are two interface inconsistencies relating to the "Switch to Another Profile" action's "Switch by name" option, when compared to the similar "Execute Another Command" action's markings:

The option is simply marked "Switch by name", as opposed to "Execute by name (Advanced)", which notes it is intended for advanced use.
In the documentation on the "Switch by name" feature, it is stated "(this is an advanced feature for those of you that do not know the names of the target profile until run time)", but this is not currently reflected within the UI.

In the action list, there is no visible difference between the "Switch profile by selection" and "Switch by name" options; Both are listed as "Change to profile, ''"(Where "Change" is inconsistent with "Switch" as well, if I'm being nitpicky, and I am :P).
The "Execute Another Command" action, however, is listed either as "Execute command, ''", or "Execute command '' (by name)", depending on whether the "Execute selected command" or "Execute by name (Advanced)" option is selected, respectively.

EDIT: All resolved in v1.6.4.7
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:25:41 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Cool.  Thanks for the heads-up.  I spend my time writing it, why do I have to look at it???

;)

All good.  I was on the fence about indicating, 'advanced' for the profile switch.  It's not *that* advanced... Executing commands by name is marked since it could crash the app.  Switching profiles shouldn't (unless you have a startup command that would help in that matter).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:12:32 PM by Gary »