Author Topic: HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR  (Read 7009 times)

grduser

HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR
« on: April 13, 2017, 02:10:16 AM »
Hi all

Since the 2.3 Elite Release VA is reporting the following error:

09:08:54 - HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: i. Path 'RotationPeriod', line 1, position 157.

VA still works, but the above error is repeating every 3-4 seconds.

grduser

Re: HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:15:27 AM »
I have solved this by reloading my profile

Von Dugard

HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 06:53:13 AM »
13:49:29 - HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader ERROR: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: i. Path 'RotationPeriod', line 1, position 156. can anyone help me on this?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
It looks like Frontier has changed something up in their journal output.  You'll want to contact HCS about this one, so they can update their code to accommodate Frontier's new values:  http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/

Frici

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 04:06:19 PM »
Not sure if he posted and found the solution in HCS forum but for others here who might stumble upon this error and come to THIS forum instead of HCS.

It's because you were scanning asteroid belts and will be fixed (next update you receive will most likely have this fixed already).

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »
I have a fix for this...

DON'T SCAN WORTHLESS ASTEROIDS

hehe :)

seriously though, the fix is to log out of game to desktop which should start a new journal log file. If that doesn't fix it then you will need to delete the newest journal log file which then removes the line which is causing the problem. Your journal log files can be found here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

funnily this issue isn't 2.3 related and has been in the plugin since the beginning and only now has it popped up. It's on the to do list so will be fixed properly as soon as we are able to.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:28:46 PM by TheThingIs »
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.