Author Topic: cannot get dictation to work at all...  (Read 7062 times)

jerrodbug

cannot get dictation to work at all...
« on: July 21, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »
Im trying to setup a basic dictation command, but cannot get any part of the dictation to work at all.

Just to test it, i set a command that will start dictation, put dictation in the windows clipboard, start notepad, and paste.  When i do that everything works fine, EXCEPT the dictation never seems to happen at all.

here is what i have for sequence:

Start dictation mode(clearing dictation buffer)
pause 3 seconds (so i can say the words i want)
Stop dictation mode
set windows clipboard to {DICTATION}
run application notepad.exe
press left Ctrl+V and hold for .1 seconds and release

i tried to manually press Ctrl+V afterwards, and its not even getting to windows clipboard.

Any help would be great!!!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: cannot get dictation to work at all...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
Are you seeing "Append Dictation Buffer: " in the log?

I rebuilt your command, and it works fine, although 3 seconds is pretty short to say anything but a single word(and you need a delay before pasting to give notepad time to start).

jerrodbug

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:34:41 AM »
where do i see the log at?  i dont see "append dictation buffer" in the main voiceattack screen, where you can see what it hears, and what commands it runs... is that where i should be seeing it?  i see "dictation buffer cleared", pause, launched notepad.exe and that is it. 

EDIT:  so i reinstalled my mic (webcam) drivers, and i do now see "append dictation buffer".  Now, the part that should be easy--pasting--isnt working.  I added a 5 second delay for notepad to open (even though it does open within a second) and it never pastes the buffer.  If i manually CTRL+V, it does paste the buffer in correctly.  Any thoughts on that?

EDIT 2:  so i cant even get a basic "paste" command to work, even on its own, as a separate command.  I open notepad manually, click on it to make sure its active, say "paste" and it will NOT register a Ctrl+V command.  About half the time, the window focus switches back to voiceattack too, after the command is finished.

EDIT 3:  I think i figured it out--when i first started Voiceattack, it warned that Teamviewer could cause issues, but when i restarted my computer, i forgot to disable Teamviewer again, so now that i disabled that, i can now paste!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 10:03:00 AM by jerrodbug »

MalusDraco

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 04:30:52 AM »
you can also set the dictation to a text value:

Set Text [SpeechRaw] to the Value of {DICTATION}
then i use the following to get pure number or alpha

Set Text [Speech-To-Text] to {TXTALPHA:SpeechRaw}
Set Decimal [Speech-To-Number] to the converted value {TXTNUM:SpeechRaw}

so now then i have 3 outputs to do all sorts with: {TXT:SpeechRaw} {TXT:Speech-To-Text} {DEC:Speech-To-Number}

I then do a "Clear Dictation Buffer" as the values are saved then your ready for the next run.