Author Topic: VoiceAttack will not open  (Read 3988 times)

martenas

VoiceAttack will not open
« on: April 05, 2017, 01:08:24 PM »
I downloaded VA and it worked until I used ED.  I tried to open VA back up to check the files but it would no longer open.  I then deleted it and downloaded it again thinking that some files were corrupted.  Now after downloading and installing it numerous times the program will still not open when I select the VA program file.  I use "run as administration" when trying to open VA.  Help please.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack will not open
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »
Try moving the files inside "%APPDATA%\VoiceAttack\" to a temporary location.

If it still won't start, move the ones inside "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com\" as well.

martenas

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:27:39 PM »
ok, it took me awhile to find the file but I got it done and it seems to be working now.  Ill work more on it tomorrow and make sure.  Thanks you for your help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 08:00:33 PM »
For future reference, paths using "%" utilize global variables, meaning they will take you to the intended directory regardless of your user name or other factors(like drive letters).

You can paste everything within the quotation marks into the address bar at the top of a Windows explorer window(by clicking the folder icon in the breadcrumbs bar to enable manual entry), or into the "Run" dialog(called up by pressing WIN+R), and it'll take you to the relevant folder.