Author Topic: Analyze Which commands are too complex?  (Read 3775 times)

Woofington

Analyze Which commands are too complex?
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:30:51 PM »
This is weird and I cannot figure out why but I have to add this message for the board to let me post.

Its me again!  The guy with the voice command profile that spawns hundreds of thousands of commands.  I have a ton of what I consider "natural voice commands" in that they are meant to be used in the heat of the moment and due to variance in human speech I have tried to cover all alternatives that could be said to achieve the same command outcome.

This command however generates hundreds of thousands of commands.  I have several commands like this is an already very complicated profile.  My profile takes up to two minutes just to load.  So I have two questions:

Will having a profile this large affect performance on my computer?  Will this take processes that could otherwise go to my game? 

And beyond that, is there a simple way to analyze my commands and figure out which are the most complciated so I can simplify them?  I have hundreds of commands and I can go through them but that sounds like a pain.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Analyze Which commands are too complex?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 03:30:18 AM »
Quick method: Have a look at commands which utilise [foo;bar] style of dynamic commands.

Ignore the number ranges (because they are more essential I would imagine) and instead look at the phrases before/after the number range.

Whilst you might have a *lot* of range in the numbers, each "optional/variation" of a trigger will just multiply that up to stupid large amounts.

ie [set frequency;tune to;tune into] [1...100] [band;channel] is equal to 60,000 commands. and that is just for "one" command.

Even a basic command of " [who;what][is;][song;track;] is [this;playing] " is 16 different commands in total, and that jsut gets higher and higher the more variations I put into it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 08:33:22 AM »
Will having a profile this large affect performance on my computer?  Will this take processes that could otherwise go to my game?
The impact should be insignificant if you have a somewhat modern system. More commands will take up more memory, but not much in scheme of things.

Woofington

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »
Quick method: Have a look at commands which utilise [foo;bar] style of dynamic commands.

Ignore the number ranges (because they are more essential I would imagine) and instead look at the phrases before/after the number range.

Whilst you might have a *lot* of range in the numbers, each "optional/variation" of a trigger will just multiply that up to stupid large amounts.

ie [set frequency;tune to;tune into] [1...100] [band;channel] is equal to 60,000 commands. and that is just for "one" command.

Even a basic command of " [who;what][is;][song;track;] is [this;playing] " is 16 different commands in total, and that jsut gets higher and higher the more variations I put into it.

yeah I'm aware, I have a command that is over 100,000 commands after combined, I use a ton of dynamics/variations, though no ranges.  I was wondering if there was like a way to just view total variations of a single command as some form of outputted csv or something for quick analysis.