Author Topic: Plans for further support for country specific keyboards  (Read 2368 times)

Gimi

Plans for further support for country specific keyboards
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:48:36 AM »
What are current plans for expanding support for country specific keyboards?

Currently (VA 1.6.7.9 prerelease) has support for the following keyboards:

I have run into an issue with VA and Elite Dangerous (and HCS Voice Packs) that is related to international keyboard support in VA.

When VA detects an unsupported keyboard it reverts to default which is the US keyboard.
Elite Dangerous however, does recognise most international characters and keyboards, and that results in a mismatch where certain keys are not recognised by Voice attack. To get full access to all keys with a keyboard not supported by VA players would have to setup and play with a supported keyboard, and to ensure full HCS Voice Pack support, they should probably use a US keyboard layout.
Changing keyboard layout every time you play and using a layout different from what you actually have is not ideal.
I expect that the issue is not limited to Elite Dangerous.

So the question is, what are the plans for expanding the support for country specific keyboard layouts?
Initially I'm looking for support for Danish keyboards.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Plans for further support for country specific keyboards
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 07:02:05 PM »
Probably will be adding more support for additional keyboard layouts soon.  Just no ETA on this :(

Gimi

Re: Plans for further support for country specific keyboards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 12:31:54 AM »
Thank you for your answer.  :)
As long as it's on your list I'm happy.
I'll be keeping an eye on it and add HCS Voice Pack support when it happens.