Author Topic: Toggle global hotkey depending on profile.  (Read 123 times)

E.M.P

• Languages: German, English
Toggle global hotkey depending on profile.
« on: April 24, 2024, 08:03:46 AM »
Hi guys, as the title says, I want to enable/disable the global hotkey depending on the current profile.

My plan is to have a default profile that only listens to me when I press the specified hotkey.
For my game profile, I want VA to listen all the time.

Any suggestions on how I can go about this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Toggle global hotkey depending on profile.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 08:06:42 AM »
Have you tried the "Override Recognition Global Hotkey" option at the profile level, which is intended specifically to facilitate something like that?

E.M.P

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 09:39:59 AM »
Thank you for the fast answer.

I have tried it and my default profile now only works with the intended hotkey which is great.

My game profile on the other hand still doesnt listen when I switch to it. I need to manually start listening and after a command has been recognized it stops listening again.

The only workaround I found for this, is to create a command which starts the listening process and is executed on profile switch and after a command has been recognized.

Is there another way to solve this. If not I'm fine with using the "uglier" workaround.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 09:47:23 AM »
How did you configure the "Override Recognition Global Hotkey" option for your "game profile"? Or, if you didn't, how is your "Recognition Global Hotkey" option configured?

E.M.P

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 09:57:11 AM »
I set the gloabl recognition hotkey in the main settings of VA not the profile Setting.

It is set to: Left Alt + Left Windows (VA listenst while keys are down)

In the game profile I then executed a command to start listening when the profile loads.
This works fine until a command is recognized. Then the listening stops.

I also tried disabling the global hotkey in the VA setting.
And set my Hotkey in the default profile by overwriting the global one (which is set to "disabled")

The result is the same.

EDIT:
I oversaw one override in my game profile.
The solution was to disable the global hotkey, set the hotkey in the default profile and when switching to the game profile start listening via command. Now the profile accepts multiple commands and I don't have to start the listening process after every command.

@Pfeil Thank you anyway  ;D :D