Author Topic: Helldivers 2 - Completely Stumped *SOLVED*  (Read 309 times)

bergerac23

Helldivers 2 - Completely Stumped *SOLVED*
« on: April 18, 2024, 01:20:57 PM »
After some trial and error and meticulously making sure every word or term I used was easily recognized by speech rec, I was able to get most of the Helldivers 2 commands to work.

All the utilities, resupply, reinforce, hellbomb, etc.

All the sentries, support weapons and all but one of the eagles.

The 500k would not work nor would some of the better orbitals. 380mm HE Barrage, Laser Strike, and Railcannon would not work while all the other orbitals do.

Tesla Tower works but not HMG Emplacement or Shield Generator Relay.

The terms are all recognized as it always starts the sequencing, plus I have tried changing the words so none of them are similar.

It's obviously not stuck keys, it's not a long/short code problem as hellbomb is very long and works fine while railcannon is fairly short and does not.

It's not a same sequential key problem as airburst with 3 keys the same works fine and railcannon has all different keys.

I tried changing the pause times, I've tried making VA run as administrator, I've tried having it execute after every keystroke.

I thought maybe with the initial trial and error there could be some residual conflicting data so I uninstalled, scrubbed the computer of any VA traces and reinstalled.

And then grenade launcher, EMS mortar, 110 rocket pods, and 120mm HE Barrage joined those that didn't work even though they are set up exactly the same as when they worked. The sequence always starts, brings up the menu(I've tried manually bringing up the menu and then having the command start, no difference) it starts runing through the command keys then goes back to the strategem menu, usually.

It often seems to be trying to do resupply even though the keystrokes don't match, I've changed the words for resupply and even removed it entirely.

Grenade launcher and 120mm HE cycle through then end up on the 3rd resupply key, Sheild Relay ends up on the 2nd supply key.

Even more bizarre with one particular loadout with Sheild Relay it not only finished on it's 2nd key, but also the 2nd key of resupply, grenade launcher and ems mortar even though two were down keys, one was up and one was left.

I am used to being able to figure this kind of stuff out but I am stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT by Pfeil: replaced double spaces with line breaks (was this copy-pasted from somewhere and the formatting wasn't copied properly?)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:36:20 PM by bergerac23 »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Helldivers 2 - Completely Stumped
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 01:46:04 PM »
Are you experiencing this with a user-created profile you've imported, or one you've created yourself?

In case of the latter, have a good look at the available user-created profiles here.

Perhaps those have already solved the issues you've mentioned; this game is apparently quite finicky about input.

bergerac23

Re: Helldivers 2 - Completely Stumped
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 09:31:18 AM »
created myself, i'll take a look

bergerac23

Re: Helldivers 2 - Completely Stumped *SOLVED*
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 01:42:39 PM »
Things seem to change but for now I've got everything I've set up this way working.  I've split the commands in two as evenly as possible, so 6 keys would be 3 and 3 while 7 3 and 4, etc., putting a .1 sec pause at the end of the first group then having it fully execute until starting the second.  We'll see if it holds up. 

bergerac23

Re: Helldivers 2 - Completely Stumped *SOLVED*
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 12:00:46 PM »
fyi, brought the pauses between keystrokes down to .05 and it still works