Author Topic: Keybinds not recognizing Joystick Button  (Read 44 times)

JoeW980

Keybinds not recognizing Joystick Button
« on: May 18, 2024, 02:15:32 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to setup my Voice Attack for Star Citizen to work in conjunction with my Discord, so I mute on Discord and VA listens - not to annoy my friends.

I have successfully done this to work with my mouse keybind to mute Discord and have VA Listen, but I can't get it to work on my Joystick keybind as VA doesn't recognise the button input on it.

It does recognise all other buttons on my joystick, just not the one I want to use.

I have the x52 Pro and I am trying to use the "pinkie" button on the bottom of the flight stick handle, this is not mappable in the x52 software to another keypress, otherwise I could just set it to my mouse PTT keybind.

In Discord this is registering as "Gamepad 5" and I believe is "Button 6" on the Joystick - I've also tried "JoyToKey" to map this to a recognised key, but also does not seem to work.

Is there any way anyone else has found to do this, or is this something that can be fixed in the VA software to recognise?

Thanks,
Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Keybinds not recognizing Joystick Button
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 02:28:32 AM »
When you used "JoyToKey", did pressing the button produce a keypress in other applications? E.G. did it type out a character (assuming the assigned key would normally produce a visible character) in something like Notepad?

VoiceAttack itself treats all buttons identically; button state information is polled from the Windows joystick system.

JoeW980

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 06:39:18 AM »
No, JoyToKey didn't recognise the button being pressed on the joystick, as it would highlight all the others that are pressed.

When I press it in the windows game controller properties it should as "Button 6" being pressed.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 07:17:31 AM »
Apparently this specific button is intended by the manufacturer to be used as a non-standard button.

This Reddit thread mentions requirements to be able to use this button; are those met on your machine?