Author Topic: WINDOWMINIMIZED & WINDOWMAXIMIZED broken for some Apps  (Read 2572 times)

BillEvansAlone

WINDOWMINIMIZED & WINDOWMAXIMIZED broken for some Apps
« on: April 07, 2024, 01:23:49 PM »
Referencing tokens {WINDOWMINIMIZED:..} or {WINDOWMAXIMIZED:...} sometimes causes the command to abort. The command only aborts if a matching Window is actually open; if there's no match both tokens return "0".

Attached is a profile with a single command called "Test". Inside you'll see some of the Apps/Window Titles that work, and some that fail. I don't think it's anything to do with the title text. Probably the process for fetching the Window State is failing for some applications.

I have tried using "{TXT:~WindowTitle}" rather than just "~WindowTitle" for the variable. This allows the command to continue, but the output is always "0" regardless of the state of the App being tested. This is true even if the tokens return correct values when using "~WindowTitle".

Thanks for a brilliant product, and hope this is helpful.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: WINDOWMINIMIZED & WINDOWMAXIMIZED broken for some Apps
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 01:48:17 PM »
The two applications I could find, "Joystick Gremlin" and "Little Navmap", both use Qt for their graphical interface, which has in the past turned out not to respond as a normal Windows application would.

Is this "Event Tester" also using Qt? Simplest way to tell is usually the presence of files with "Qt" in the name.

BillEvansAlone

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 02:06:26 PM »
Event Tester is an ancient (2011) ThrustMaster tool for monitoring keystrokes. Digging around in Program Files (x86), it seems to be a standalone exe file. Perhaps it was compiled with Qt libraries? Qt seems to be even older.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 01:30:50 AM »
It does not appear to be using Qt; perhaps the underlying issue is the same.

Either way, I'll pass this along to the developer.

BillEvansAlone

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 02:33:36 AM »
Thanks