Author Topic: VA seems to "lose" the ability to read CMDSEGMENT:1  (Read 3882 times)

Zaal

VA seems to "lose" the ability to read CMDSEGMENT:1
« on: March 28, 2024, 05:48:00 PM »
But only on certain dynamic sections.

Prefix/Suffix group is "fire missions", command prefix is "fire mission", command suffix is [precision strike; gas strike].

I try to read the CMDSEGMENTs using a 'say' command. CMDSEGMENT:0 is spoken as "fire mission", CMDSEGMENT:1 (which should be precision strike or gas strike) is unset followed by a call to CMD that does read out the full command "fire mission precision strike" for example.

Now comes the freaky part: if I change the suffix to [test;testing], the CMDSEGEMENT:1 correctly picks up the test or testing and speaks it out to me correctly.

I can't think of why this is happening and would appreciate any guidance the community can provide. Thanks!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA seems to "lose" the ability to read CMDSEGMENT:1
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 05:51:48 PM »
Hi, Zaal

Can you provide exactly what is in your 'When I say' box for that command?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 06:00:18 PM »
I guess where I'm going is I'm wanting to make sure you don't have one command that is a prefix and a second, separate  command that is a suffix, as CMDSEGMENT does not work (or at least not tested) in that scenario.  You would need to have one command with the spoken phrase ('When I say') of 'fire mission[precision strike;gas strike]'  (no quotes).

Zaal

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 07:57:52 PM »
Gary, you just fixed the problem with your second post. I feel like I should have known this but......

I had some 'beta' functions in a category that I thought would keep them out of the way. I'm POSITIVE at this point that those were actually picking up the commands when I didn't want them to. Thought I had the muted but it wasn't until I read your post and completely deleted the offending commands did everything turn back to normal.

Thank you very much for your attention. Sorry for bothering you.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 09:14:23 PM »
No problem at all bud - keep rockin' :)