Author Topic: Helldivers 2 profile with on the fly stratagem key binding  (Read 5479 times)

Artmos

Helldivers 2 profile with on the fly stratagem key binding
« on: March 08, 2024, 10:08:40 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but a long time user of VoiceAttack. I just published my first profile for Helldivers 2 that has some unique features that I haven't seen elsewhere and so I wanted to share it.

I don't want to make a long description here as it's all on the GitHub page, so please continue reading there: https://github.com/Artmos/helldivers-2-voice-attack

This is 100% my own setup and I haven't even looked at how other profiles function. So if anyone has feedback or improvements, I'm all ears.

-Artmos

WorldSerpent

Re: Helldivers 2 profile with on the fly stratagem key binding
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 11:49:37 AM »
has some unique features that I haven't seen elsewhere
I downloaded the profile to scope it out, pretty wild methods for using VA so I learned some new tricks.

This is 100% my own setup and I haven't even looked at how other profiles function.
Well... I do see my PX-v3 profile version history in there, so maybe not 100%, but still mostly original ;)[/s]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 01:38:01 PM by WorldSerpent »

Artmos

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 12:06:48 PM »
Well... I do see my QX-v3 profile version history in there, so maybe not 100%, but still mostly original ;)
Is that the version check with the GitHub txt file I added recently? It might be similar, I don't know, but I came up with it myself  ;D

WorldSerpent

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 12:56:30 PM »
Well... I do see my PX-v3 profile version history in there, so maybe not 100%, but still mostly original ;)
Is that the version check with the GitHub txt file I added recently? It might be similar, I don't know, but I came up with it myself  ;D

No, I mean I have version history built into my profile. So, if you import my profile that version history will exist in your profile, which it does. I got tired of tracking my versions in the file names and exports, so I found an alternative solution.

Artmos

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 01:12:43 PM »
Well... I do see my PX-v3 profile version history in there, so maybe not 100%, but still mostly original ;)

No, I mean I have version history built into my profile. So, if you import my profile that version history will exist in your profile, which it does. I got tired of tracking my versions in the file names and exports, so I found an alternative solution.
Ahh cool. Well I've never downloaded a profile, so maybe that was added in your VA because you have your profile history there?

WorldSerpent

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 01:35:15 PM »
so maybe that was added in your VA because you have your profile history there?

You know what, you are absolutely correct, I misunderstood how the application was working on my end and I apologize for my ignorance.

Artmos

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 01:43:39 PM »
so maybe that was added in your VA because you have your profile history there?

You know what, you are absolutely correct, I misunderstood how the application was working on my end and I apologize for my ignorance.

All good, I'm still pretty new when it comes to the more advanced stuff.

WorldSerpent

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 02:19:01 PM »
Well, it's impressive. The only suggestion I have at a glance is to test the Quick Input method for the Stratagems. I find the performance and consistency is just as good but more importantly it's much easier to maintain for development. Here's an example of what that could look like for Resupply...

Code: [Select]
Execute command, 'Begin' (and wait until it completes)
Quick Input, '[arrowD][arrowD][arrowU][arrowR]'
Execute command, 'End' (and wait until it completes)

NavalAction

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 11:39:06 AM »
Hi,

could it be that the key binding function no longer works? 

I used "set key 3 to eagle cluster bomb" as a test, VoiceAttack also gives me the message that the key has been assigned, but nothing happens when I press the number key.

Artmos

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 04:07:16 PM »
Hi,

could it be that the key binding function no longer works? 

I used "set key 3 to eagle cluster bomb" as a test, VoiceAttack also gives me the message that the key has been assigned, but nothing happens when I press the number key.

I just tested here and it works for me. When you press 3 the VA window should say "Shortcut: 'Shortcut 3'".

If you restart VA or switch away and back to the profile, the windows should say "Loaded eagle cluster bomb for key 3"

NavalAction

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 10:28:26 AM »
@Artmos
I'm just stupid.  :)
Everything works great.
Thank you for the great profile