Author Topic: Helldivers 2 Profile  (Read 11989 times)

WorldSerpent

Helldivers 2 Profile
« on: February 26, 2024, 01:32:26 PM »
Greetings, I'm new to the forum but I've been using VA for a while now, so I decided it's time upload a couple of profiles for Helldivers 2!

MAJOR UPDATE and a huge shoutout to nevermore26 for both of these excellent ideas!

I uploaded a new profile today "Helldivers2-PX-Profile.vap" that takes advantage of the PRESS key binding in-game instead of the hold action to open the stratagem list. So before you play you must remap your stratagem directional bindings to the arrow keys in-game & change the open stratagem list binding to the PRESS option instead of HOLD option. And to clarify, this is based on but ultimately an improvement over the QX profile.

But why though? You can read more in my comment here, but basically there is a significant performance and consistency boost with this change. Enough so that I even lowered the hold time of the quick input commands to speed up the macros. It's... faster ;D

This new profile now also leverages dynamic spoken commands, so you have more flexibility to call in your stratagems. For example, the Spoken Command for Orbital EMS Strike looks like [Orbital;] EMS [Strike;] in the console. Which simply means EMS is required to be spoken, but you can optionally precede it with Orbital and / or follow it with Strike. So, these are all valid spoken combos... EMS, Orbital EMS, EMS Strike and Orbital EMS Strike. You can also open the help document in VA (F1) to learn more in the "Dynamic command sections".

Minor Update 3/2/2024
Quick Input fix for Eagle Napalm Airstrike
Spoken command improvements for Autocannon, Eagle Clusterbomb, Eagle Airstrike, Eagle Napalm Airstrike, Orbital 120 Barrage, Orbital 380 Barrage, Orbital Airburst Strike, Orbital Railcannon Strike

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the results so far, so I hope you all enjoy the new profile. I'll leave the old profiles up in case anyone wants to continue using or testing them, but I'm considering them outdated at this point.

OUTDATED

Before you play, you must remap your stratagem directional bindings to the arrow keys in game for this profile. One big advantage to this is you can continue to move while the macro is running. Now to the good stuff!

From my testing, Helldivers 2 appears to receive macros more consistently when VA sends Actions instead of Key Presses and Pauses. So, the first profile "Helldivers2-QX-01-Profile.vap" is complete with all stratagems and uses the Execute Command and Quick Input methods for the macros. I also find this setup much easier to configure and maintain. Here's an example of what that looks like!

Code: [Select]
Execute command, '_strategems_open' (and wait until it completes)
Quick Input, '[arrowD][arrowD][arrowU][arrowR]'
Execute command, '_strategems_close' (and wait until it completes)

A couple of quick notes, I prefer short names for my voice commands so that's what you'll find for the Stratagems, but to aid in that I included their full names in the descriptions so you can adjust them as needed. In that same scope, I plan on updating the main profile infrequently, so please adjust the profile to fit for your needs.

The second profile "Helldivers2-CX-Test-Profile.vap" only includes the Resupply stratagem for testing and strictly uses the Execute Command method for the macros. From my testing, this may be a bit more consistent than the Quick Input method but has the disadvantage of more configuration and maintenance if the strategem codes change. Here's an example of what that looks like!

Code: [Select]
Execute command, '_strategems_open' (and wait until it completes)
Execute command, '_key_down' (and wait until it completes)
Execute command, '_key_down' (and wait until it completes)
Execute command, '_key_up' (and wait until it completes)
Execute command, '_key_right' (and wait until it completes)
Execute command, '_strategems_close' (and wait until it completes)

If time permits I may build the second profile out and test further but so far the Quick Input method is still very consistent and easier to maintain, so I'm just not sure it's worth the time. Also, I'm kind of hoping Arrowhead will eventually scrap the code input method altogether and just let us directly call in our gear...for freedom!

If you want to note any changes or corrections here, I will periodically upload adjustments as time permits. Otherwise, I hope you find these useful. Enjoy your day!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 01:13:06 PM by WorldSerpent »

nevermore26

Re: Helldivers 2
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 07:22:48 AM »
Really looking forward to seeing how you made this tick! Very clever and impressive approach!

nevermore26

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 08:17:33 AM »
Question - for in game do you have control set to "press","tap", or "hold"?

WorldSerpent

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 12:06:35 PM »
Question - for in game do you have control set to "press","tap", or "hold"?

Default of "hold". I didn't think to test the other options, but I'll give it a try.

nevermore26

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 12:14:11 PM »
Awesome and loving what you did with these - am experimenting with making the names a bit more robust (least I am hoping I am doing that right? Am in the office and can not test until later)
Thinking I need to make tweaks though and not quiet right

[Orbital;] [Smoke] [Strike;]
Should trigger off Smoke, Orbital Smoke, Smoke Strike, and Orbital Smoke Strike? (again still not sure I did it right)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 12:31:28 PM »
If you're unsure which phrase variations will be generated by a given input, this profile can be of use.

WorldSerpent

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 01:07:32 PM »
Question - for in game do you have control set to "press", "tap", or "hold"?

So, you are definitely on to something. I tested briefly with each of the options and Press shows the most potential in performance and consistency. Tap and Double Tap do not open the stratagem list.

From my quick observations, the stratagem list remains open with the key Press binding so only one press and release command is needed to start the macro. Since no key is required to be held down this may be the most significant gain in consistency. You also gain performance since the close / release command is no longer required and you can adjust the hold timing of the press and release key.

If time permits, I will test and upload another profile that leverages the in-game key Press binding tonight or tomorrow.

Excellent suggestion, @nevermore26!

nevermore26

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 01:58:19 PM »
Been tinkering hard seeing what others have been doing and trying to do a crash course with voice attack. I bought the software forever ago for star citizen back when the ANNA (I think?) profile was out -  the blessing and curse about others sharing profiles is you do not have to learn anything. Working on figuring stuff out now a days as I can.

As for the phrases, will certainty used that to do some testing Appreciate the Profile Pfeil!!- Been going through an amazing set of youtube videos lately and the 3rd one had the voice command tutorial.

WorldSerpent

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 03:35:26 PM »
Awesome and loving what you did with these - am experimenting with making the names a bit more robust (least I am hoping I am doing that right? Am in the office and can not test until later)
Thinking I need to make tweaks though and not quiet right

[Orbital;] [Smoke] [Strike;]
Should trigger off Smoke, Orbital Smoke, Smoke Strike, and Orbital Smoke Strike? (again still not sure I did it right)

Another excellent idea. I read up on dynamic spoken commands so I can work on updating the profiles with those as well. That's a much more elegant and, as you put it, robust solution for the spoken commands.

There are some obvious conflicts to work through, such as with Eagle, Orbital and Strike which VA quickly pointed out as I did some initial testing. One significant example of that is between Eagle Smoke Strike and Orbital Smoke Strike but I'll work to make them as uniquely robust as possible. Thanks again!

nevermore26

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2024, 06:44:43 PM »
Another tweak I did.
I typically play with an open mic (probably shouldn't?). Anyways I set my "listen" override to control and then set my strat keyboard to "U" - that way voice attack only listens when I am holding control and then uses an unused key to open and close the strat menu

nevermore26

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 06:47:04 PM »
As for the dynamic spoken commands I have a few ideas. Hopefully these may help or inspire something better that could be better solutions for the dynamic commands
Smoke for example I would have one as a smoke screen and one as smoke strike
ie -
Eagle Smoke Strike and Orbital Smoke Strike
Eagle Smoke Strike = Eagle Smoke Strike or Smoke Strike or Eagle Smoke
Orbital Smoke Strike =  Orbital Smoke Strike or  Orbital Smoke Screen or Smoke Screen or Orbital Smoke

« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 08:18:32 AM by nevermore26 »

WorldSerpent

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 04:18:32 PM »
Updated the main post with a new profile earlier today, just in case anyone missed it.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 08:42:08 AM by WorldSerpent »

nevermore26

Re: Helldivers 2 Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2024, 07:18:20 AM »
Had to make a change to the napalm - it had the wrong input

WorldSerpent

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2024, 08:32:39 AM »
Had to make a change to the napalm - it had the wrong input

I noticed it too late last night. I'll be uploading a new profile with the correct input and some additional improvements this morning.

WorldSerpent

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2024, 08:46:03 AM »
The new Helldivers2-PX-Profile is uploaded with the following changes.

Spoken command improvements for Autocannon, Eagle Clusterbomb, Eagle Airstrike, Eagle Napalm Airstrike, Orbital 120 Barrage, Orbital 380 Barrage, Orbital Airburst Strike, Orbital Railcannon Strike

Calv

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2024, 02:36:03 AM »
Does VoiceAttack have a way to find/replace keys within the profile?

Don't want to use the arrow keys and replacing it all manually will take a while.

[EDIT] Figured it out, export as expanded profile XML. Can then edit in notepad and perform a find/replace.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2024, 02:56:16 AM »
The "Mass Update" option of the keypress action (which will only be visible when modifying, not adding) is intended for this, however note that for actions using the "Press And Release Key(s)" option, it will change the hold time as well.

Otherwise you'll have to use the "list filter" field at the bottom of the "Edit a Profile" window to find that commands using the key you're replacing, and replace it manually.

Kaahtt

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 12:47:39 AM »
Instead of a hotkey, would it be possible to tell voice attack to start listening when you say the name of your ship?

For example "Spear Actual, Send in a Precision strike"

or "Spear Actual, Send in Eagle Rocket Strike"

Perhaps the stop listening command would be "On my location" or "Danger Close"

Yes, its a lot, BUUUUUUT its pretty cool.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 01:28:10 AM »
Normal commands must be spoken one at a time, that is how the Microsoft speech recognition system handles them.

You could create a command that starts listening, and another that stops listening, but it wouldn't be possible to speak them as if they were a single command phrase. It'd require pausing momentarily in-between.

You could just add the prefix you want to speak to each command manually.

Alternatively, you could use the "Override listening if my spoken command begins with" option at the profile level and suspend listening.

Globespy

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2024, 12:52:33 PM »
Another tweak I did.
I typically play with an open mic (probably shouldn't?). Anyways I set my "listen" override to control and then set my strat keyboard to "U" - that way voice attack only listens when I am holding control and then uses an unused key to open and close the strat menu

This is cool. I wonder if it's possible to have the in-game chat muted when you are calling in a stratagem, so only VA can hear you?
I play a lot with randoms so leaving the mic as 'open' is just easier for me, but I think it will become very annoying for others to keep hearing me calling in stratagems.

EDIT:
Of course this already exists - noob error
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=2127.0

nevermore26

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2024, 01:05:39 PM »
The new Helldivers2-PX-Profile is uploaded with the following changes.

Was curious if you have done any updates or improvements with the new content?

Zaknafein

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2024, 06:44:26 PM »
Has anyone tested the recoilless rifle with this profile?  I only ask as I see a spelling error in the spoken command line and I'm wondering if the program picks it up or not.  It is in as recoiless, missing the second L.