Author Topic: Another day another tool another forum! Tinkering  (Read 2672 times)

Jock-HAL

Another day another tool another forum! Tinkering
« on: February 02, 2024, 02:08:23 PM »
Howdy y'all

I just found this amazing forum whilst looking at what voice-thing is being used by nircmd speak (to check the ssml section)

And stumbled on this thread / forum / tool
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?action=post;topic=2699.0;last_msg=12386

Beyond intrigue! And perhaps another place for like-minded learned folk, re vox tts hawking (and any others!) and then some- the features of voiceattack are very intriguing,  is this like AHK, in terms of what it can do or how it can do it?!

Have many requirements that I'm gathering relics for,  but maybe there's a better way, with stuff like voiceattack for macros and keys and extras...

I'm very curious!
Time to RTFM!

Is there a free version or just the trial?

Jonny, currently on Win11+Droid things ✌️

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Another day another tool another forum! Tinkering
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 01:18:06 AM »
is this like AHK, in terms of what it can do or how it can do it?!
I suppose that's like asking whether two photo editing software packages are alike: as they are both intended for similar purposes, there will be an overlap, however that doesn't mean things function identically, or that either package won't have unique features.

E.G. when it comes to speech recognition, I assume VoiceAttack would likely offer a broader set of features.

This user-created addon may be of interest, in this regard.

Is there a free version or just the trial?
There is a trial/demo version intended for evaluation. There is no perpetual "free" version.