Author Topic: Great program one question  (Read 2091 times)

martinmurphy2

Great program one question
« on: February 01, 2024, 02:06:27 PM »
Intended to purchase but wanted to check one thing before I do.  I use it set up for key presses for cameras  iracing.  Will different profiles set to the same exe work well.  For example one cameras set for Daytona but another for Talladega which exist in the same .exe which is Iracing.  Hopefully that made sense to you guys...either way at ten bucks this thing is a steal.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Great program one question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 02:16:14 PM »
Having no personal experience with iRacing, I'm assuming you're referring to different tracks having different camera angles available?

A fairly simple way to have mutually-exclusive commands could be to have separate profiles for them, while having another profile containing commands you'd want to use for both/all of those tracks, either as an included profile (at the profile level, meaning it's only available in profiles you explicitly include it in), or a global profile (meaning it's available in all profiles)

You don't necessarily have to use the additional profile, if you'd like to keep things wholly separate (but then you'd have to copy any changes you make to commands used in more than one profile, to those other profiles).

Either way, multiple profiles can target the same application without interfering with each other, you just need to consider how you want to structure that so you have available what you need when you need it (E.G. by keeping commands that would conflict, like the ones for cameras, separate).

Profiles can be switched to with commands (using the "Switch to Another Profile" action), so using the appropriate profile could be a matter of speaking something like "now racing at Daytona".

martinmurphy2

Re: Great program one question
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 03:23:26 AM »
Ok thanks for the help.  AS long as I know that it can be done I am sure I will get it figured out.