Author Topic: Profile Location and Direct Edit  (Read 3882 times)

OverTheEDJe

Profile Location and Direct Edit
« on: December 16, 2023, 07:14:54 PM »
Hi,

1) Where are profiles saved on the drive so that i can backup?

2) Is there a way edit profile directly without the interface? I have about 30 commands for Red Team, I only need to change 1 command to make 30 more for blue team and 30 more for all teams. This would be done much easier directly in the file without the interface.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Profile Location and Direct Edit
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 12:55:24 AM »
1) Where are profiles saved on the drive so that i can backup?
That information can be found here.

2) Is there a way edit profile directly without the interface? I have about 30 commands for Red Team, I only need to change 1 command to make 30 more for blue team and 30 more for all teams. This would be done much easier directly in the file without the interface.
Have you looked into dynamic command phrases and conditions? Depending on the difference between "teams", that could be preferable to duplicating commands

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

These topics may also be of use, in addition to the official documentation:
Control flow (If, Else, ElseIf, Loop, Jump) basics
Variables and tokens summed up

OverTheEDJe

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 04:32:08 PM »
Thanks for your reply, dynamic commands...I will look into that one.

OverTheEDJe

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 04:55:30 PM »
Hi I looked into dynamic commands, but I am not sure if this will work for what I am looking do to.

Essentially, I have 3 teams (Blue, Red, and Gold), they all do the exact thing with the same command / keystroke sequence, except I need to send F5, F6 or F7 as the first command to designate the team. For example...

Red Open and Clear (F5, i, 3, 4, h)
Blue Open and Clear (F6, i, 3, 4, h)
Gold Open and Clear (F7, i, 3, 4, h)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 12:19:13 AM »
This is one of the few cases where it may make sense to use composite commands (I.E. prefix/suffix pairs)

That way you could have "Red", "Blue", and "Gold" as prefixes, and have those prefix commands press and release the appropriate function key, while the suffixes (E.G. "Open and Clear") would press and release the rest of the sequence

Alternatively you could use normal commands with a set of conditions, that checks what the first spoken segment was, and presses the appropriate key, but then you'd need to copy-paste those actions into every command (though you could save them as a snippet to make that more practical).

OverTheEDJe

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 09:54:10 PM »
This is one of the few cases where it may make sense to use composite commands (I.E. prefix/suffix pairs)

That way you could have "Red", "Blue", and "Gold" as prefixes, and have those prefix commands press and release the appropriate function key, while the suffixes (E.G. "Open and Clear") would press and release the rest of the sequence

Alternatively you could use normal commands with a set of conditions, that checks what the first spoken segment was, and presses the appropriate key, but then you'd need to copy-paste those actions into every command (though you could save them as a snippet to make that more practical).

Thanks for the suggestions!