Author Topic: Trouble Using Mouse to Initiate Commands  (Read 2718 times)

rildin

Trouble Using Mouse to Initiate Commands
« on: November 13, 2023, 03:02:58 PM »
Hi, I am making a task to use in a game, Elder Scrolls Online.
The task is simple, pressing keys in a certain order, one time.
I made the command in the editor, and have two triggers (besides voice, which I seldom use).
The triggers are the middle mouse button (pressing down the wheel, which I have verified is seen as middle).
The middle mouse button is the primary trigger, although I also bound the command to a button on my Saitek
   Side Panel, which is seen as Joystick 1 (the only stick I have connected).
The command doesn't work (mostly) when I trigger it with the middle mouse button.  It sometimes does
   the beginning of the sequence, sometimes it writes the messages to the log that I've added to the command
   (start, end, and pause times).
The command works when triggered from the joystick button.
I also tried to bind the ` key to the Forward mouse button, but that doesn't work either.  I haven't done anything
   else with that because I'm working on this command at the moment.
I have a logitech G502 Hero mouse, with several buttons.  Is there a way to use the additional mouse buttons,
   besides those shown in the pop-up command window?
I've worked with the pauses, thinking that was the issue, without success.  I've also tried changing the window focus
   target between "Active" and the game window.
I also tried making another command that bound the Middle mouse button to a keyboard binding that worked.
I could not find a way to bind the mouse button to the joystick button.
The logitech mouse has a program called G-Hub.  I've tried it with that running and not running.
This is the text of the commands:  I expect to clean it up after it's working, although any suggestions are welcome.

Write '{TIME}' to log
   Write 'Start att' to log
   Press ` ~ key and hold for 0.15 seconds and release
   Set decimal [pause_time] value as random from 0.28 to 0.35
   Pause a variable number of seconds [pause_time]
   Write '{DEC:pause_time}' to log
   Press 2 key and hold for 0.15 seconds and release
   Set decimal [pause_time] value as random from 0.45 to 0.65
   Press 4 key and hold for 0.21 seconds and release
   Set decimal [pause_time] value as random from 0.45 to 0.65
   Press ` ~ key and hold for 0.22 seconds and release
   Set decimal [pause_time] value as random from 0.25 to 0.38
   Press 2 key and hold for 0.17 seconds and release
   Write 'End att' to log

On the command that I tried with just binding the mouse to a keyboard key, I started over and tried both
the Middle button and the Scroll Back bound in turn to Shift + F11.  Shift + F11 did trigger on its own,
but did not trigger when I used either of the mouse buttons bound through VA.  However, in the log, it did
show the start and end of the command.  Also, when I increased the hold down time of the Shift + F11 (the F11 key),
I could see that pause reflected in the log, in the amount of time between the messages printed.

Write 'atta' to log
   Press down Left Shift key
   Press F11 key and hold for 1.18 seconds and release
   Release Left Shift key
   Write 'atta end' to log

I also tried Shfit + F11 as one set binding (together) but there was no difference.

So, I've confused myself completely by now.  I hope it's something that someone here can see for me.
I apologize in advance, I'm disabled and am doing this to accomodate myself, and don't know a lot about this
kind of stuff.

I've searched the interweb and here and didn't see anything that seemed to address the issue.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thank you,
Frank.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Trouble Using Mouse to Initiate Commands
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 01:50:16 AM »
I have a logitech G502 Hero mouse, with several buttons.  Is there a way to use the additional mouse buttons,
   besides those shown in the pop-up command window?
Windows supports up to five mouse buttons, those being left, right, middle (scrollwheel click on modern mice), and two additional buttons.

Any additional buttons essentially don't exist to the operating system.

The manufacturer's custom driver software is designed to work around that by accepting non-standard input at the driver level.
You'd need to configure said software to perform a function like pressing a keyboard key (as you've already done), to make those buttons usable.

Hi, I am making a task to use in a game, Elder Scrolls Online.
The task is simple, pressing keys in a certain order, one time.
Unfortunately, both the EULA (E.G. section 4 subsection C) and the Code of Conduct (E.G. subsection 5.1) for that game prohibit the use of third-party applications, unless explicitly authorized by the makers of the game.

Using VoiceAttack in violation of said terms, could endanger the future of its development.

rildin

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 12:58:06 AM »
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware, and I understand.
That's a good reason to read licensing agreements, but I still probably won't.
Thanks for the response.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 09:03:25 AM »
It would be a shame to get your account banned or something just because you didn't read it and used some macro that was easily detected by the game as cheating.  VoiceAttack is best for single keypress commands in such games, which are totally fine given that they do not provide an unfair advantage to players, but stringing up macros to ostensibly "play the game for you" in such stringent online multiplayer (and/or competitive) games can even get your account banned or blocked.  Not worth it, and ignorance of rules is never accepted by those games that issue them.