Author Topic: Help with ATC VoiceAttack Command  (Read 2976 times)

kenwantz

Help with ATC VoiceAttack Command
« on: June 09, 2023, 06:27:36 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to use VoiceAttack in MSFS  to help  manage ATC comm, e.g. choosing ATC Panel Choices by voice so I don't have to use mouse to make a selection . Can't seem to find the correct command in order to make the binding work, e.g. "ATC Panel Choice 2, or  "Choice 2", or "Option 2", etc. Could use some help with this . Perhaps someone's profile to import.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Help with ATC VoiceAttack Command
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 06:55:26 PM »
Can you elaborate on what you mean by
Can't seem to find the correct command in order to make the binding work, e.g. "ATC Panel Choice 2, or  "Choice 2", or "Option 2", etc.
?

Are you referring to a value to pass to a game-specific API? And/or are you using a third-party plugin that would expect a value such as the ones you've mentioned?

kenwantz

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 07:41:12 PM »
Unless one is a MSFS user and is familiar with using ATC while flying, what you are asking is difficult to explain. I'll try by a specific example: If you're flying and make a request to ATC to land at airport KXYZ you will need to also choose a specific runway. On the ATC Panel displayed, there might be several options to choose from, e.g., option 1 Runway 18 or option 2, Runway 09, etc. If I wanted to choose option 2, for example, I would have to create a VA command that would be sent to MSFS that would communicate that choice. This is what I'm having problem with. If I associate the number pad "2" with the VoiceAttack phrase "Option two", this is unsuccessful. Same thing happens if I use the phrase "ATC Panel Choice 2" or "Panel 2" or "Option 2". No phrase I can find will result in communicating I want to land on runway choice #2 to ATC. I hope this make

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 07:52:34 PM »
Are any of those command phrases recognized by the speech recognition system? I.E. are there any "Recognized" entries displayed in the log on VoiceAttack's main window after you speak them?

While that is important to check, the command phrases you configure within VoiceAttack don't affect target applications directly.
It doesn't matter whether you assign "option 2" or "fly me to the moon"; as long as the phrase is recognized, what determines which input is sent to a target application are the actions within that command.

If you manually press the physical Numpad 2 key on your keyboard, does that have the effect you're expecting to see in the game?

kenwantz

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 07:30:51 AM »
Got it to work  :). Thank you very much for your suggestions. Appreciate the help.

RedRuffinsore

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2023, 07:14:30 PM »
I have used the spoken commands "ATC selection 1" (or 2, or 3, etc) as the spoken command and pressed the respective 1 (or 2 or 3) key successfully. 

A guy on YouTube did another method of using spoken statements of (for example) "1 point 1" for the 1 key, "2 point 2" for the 2 key, and so on.  Both methods have worked fine for me.

I am currently working on trying to automate all of the commands I can that MSFS ATC uses.  There are some that have so many possible options *like NEAREST AIRPORTS* that I am using the numeric selections shown above.